Buying from the critter depot?

lizcrespo93

Does anyone have experience getting feeders from thecritterdepot.com? Are they a reliable source? I purchased BSFL on Saturday from them and haven't even gotten a confirmation email yet. Just wanna make sure I can expect the feeders to actually arrive or I'll need to make other arrangements. Usually how long does shipping take? I'm located in Florida. Thanks all!

Does anyone have experience getting feeders from thecritterdepot.com? Are they a reliable source? I purchased BSFL on Saturday from them and haven't even gotten a confirmation email yet. Just wanna make sure I can expect the feeders to actually arrive or I'll need to make other arrangements. Usually how long does shipping take? I'm located in Florida. Thanks all!
This seems weird. Have they shipped yet? I believe the critter depot is located in Florida, but if the BSFL haven’t shipped yet then it makes more sense as to why you haven’t gotten them yet.

In my experience, (which was just ordering BSFL and super worms, once) they can take a couple days to be shipped out, but after they were shipped, they both arrived within 3 days. We’re in Seattle, Washington, for reference.

anyway, I have limited experience with the critter depot, but hope this helps! Hopefully some others can share their experiences to.

This seems weird. Have they shipped yet? I believe the critter depot is located in Florida, but if the BSFL haven’t shipped yet then it makes more sense as to why you haven’t gotten them yet.

In my experience, (which was just ordering BSFL and super worms, once) they can take a couple days to be shipped out, but after they were shipped, they both arrived within 3 days. We’re in Seattle, Washington, for reference.

anyway, I have limited experience with the critter depot, but hope this helps! Hopefully some others can share their experiences to.
Oh my gosh, I forgot to add that EVERY SINGLE BSFL came alive and none had pupated or died. Same with the super worms. (I mean obviously I didn’t count one by one but ya’know)

Thank you, that makes me feel better about the purchase. I will patiently wait for them to arrive.

I've purchased from them before, both crickets and BSFL. They're also a site sponsor.

The confirmation email is sent automatically after your purchase. Did it go to your spam box? Did you see the charge come through on your card? If the charge came through but you don't see an email, send them a note. They're pretty helpful / responsive.

Shipping might have a lag depending on when you ordered. They explain the shipping lag in their FAQs.

I've purchased from them before, both crickets and BSFL. They're also a site sponsor.

The confirmation email is sent automatically after your purchase. Did it go to your spam box? Did you see the charge come through on your card? If the charge came through but you don't see an email, send them a note. They're pretty helpful / responsive.

Shipping might have a lag depending on when you ordered. They explain the shipping lag in their FAQs.
Thank you! the email confirmation WAS in my spam. Didn't think to check there!

Yea I bought my discoid roaches from them, cause I'm in Florida as well. It took a little bit longer because of the stupid mail system being crazy right now, but they all showed up alive and healthy. They have real good packaging. Don't know if you checked the email to, but they also offer a 5% discount off your order if you subscribe to their YouTube channel!

I just placed my second order with critter Depot. My first one was pinhead crickets and about 50% of them were dead on arrival/pick up. I believe that to be the fault of my post office. My post lady did not knock on my door or kick my door or ring my doorbell, so my pinhead crickets were taken to the post office and because it was the weekend, they were kept there all weekend. I don’t blame them for being dead, I blame the post office. So I am trying one more time and we shall see how it goes.

I just placed my second order with critter Depot. My first one was pinhead crickets and about 50% of them were dead on arrival/pick up. I believe that to be the fault of my post office. My post lady did not knock on my door or kick my door or ring my doorbell, so my pinhead crickets were taken to the post office and because it was the weekend, they were kept there all weekend. I don’t blame them for being dead, I blame the post office. So I am trying one more time and we shall see how it goes.
Yea crickets aren't the best kept in a super cramped space for long. I've seen them chew off others legs n such. Hopefully your next order will be better. I definitely recommend the discoids from them, mine arrived healthy and super active.

Hi,
I recently placed an order with Critter Depot, which I deeply regret. According to their shipping schedule, my order for superworms and dubias should have shipped on Wednesday. When it did not, I emailed them numerous times, all of which went unanswered. I finally canceled the order via email, the only way to contact them, which also went unanswered. Days later, on a Sunday night, I receive an automated email stating my dubias were shipped. I attempted to contact the seller, but was unsuccessful. The tiny cardboard box was left in my metal mailbox. It sat there for hours in the 90 degree day. There were no air holes or any indication on the box that there were live insects inside, which there really weren't by the time I got home. This company should be ashamed.

Hi,
I recently placed an order with Critter Depot, which I deeply regret. According to their shipping schedule, my order for superworms and dubias should have shipped on Wednesday. When it did not, I emailed them numerous times, all of which went unanswered. I finally canceled the order via email, the only way to contact them, which also went unanswered. Days later, on a Sunday night, I receive an automated email stating my dubias were shipped. I attempted to contact the seller, but was unsuccessful. The tiny cardboard box was left in my metal mailbox. It sat there for hours in the 90 degree day. There were no air holes or any indication on the box that there were live insects inside, which there really weren't by the time I got home. This company should be ashamed.
I was just looking the other day to purchase superworms from them now I’ll have to think again about ordering from them. I have purchased and have a subscription from https://symtonbsf.com/ and have encountered 1 issue of DOA but simply just emailed them pics and they were glad to rush me out a replacement.

I get my feeders from rainbowmealworms.com and they are awesome! Great communication and feeders are alive when I get them. I live in Maine so they have a ways to travel. I wish they were a site sponsor but they’re not. Josh’s frogs is good as well. Great communication, just a lil more expensive. I think I’ve only ordered from them once and they are a site sponsor.

Thank you for the names of other more reliable companies. To add to my previous post- today the box of superworms was delivered from Critter Depot, the order I tried canceling. Luckily the post office put the box in a plastic bag for me. The box was wet and falling apart, and most of the superworms had/were in the process of escaping. At this stage, I considered them contaminated and will not feed them to my precious reptiles. I will certainly not be using Critter Depot again, and I'll do my best to discourage everyone else from doing so also.

Attachments

• 20210811_170845.jpg
    20210811_170845.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210811_171009.jpg
    20210811_171009.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 102
I have purchased and have a subscription from https://symtonbsf.com/ and have encountered 1 issue of DOA but simply just emailed them pics and they were glad to rush me out a replacement.
Likewise—about a year ago. IME/O, Symton is a professional outfit.

In my case, most of the BSFL were dark and immobile (some dead—some pupating). After explaining to them that my lizard has a keen feeding response (feeders have to be live & wriggling or he'll ignore them), they replaced the order with a fresh(er) batch.

Communicating with any vendor if anything goes wrong is essential. What happens after that is the pudding proof (so to speak). ;)

Thank you for the names of other more reliable companies. To add to my previous post- today the box of superworms was delivered from Critter Depot, the order I tried canceling. Luckily the post office put the box in a plastic bag for me. The box was wet and falling apart, and most of the superworms had/were in the process of escaping. At this stage, I considered them contaminated and will not feed them to my precious reptiles. I will certainly not be using Critter Depot again, and I'll do my best to discourage everyone else from doing so also.
What happened obviously isn't funny from your perspective/POV, but the reaction of the postal person who discovered & had to deal with it likely was! :LOL:

I also think they (PO) went above & beyond. Some postal-folk could/would have just dumped the whole mess in a dumpster and you might have been SOL.

I've experienced various issues with different vendors for multifarious reasons, ranging from new/untrained help to wrong shipments to shortages to poor packing. Sometimes it's the vendor, and sometimes it's just a SUE (Series of Unfortunate Events). 💩 happens. How a business/company responds & deals (as you know) can speak volumes. In the end, the Universe generally unfolds as it should (though it may take a bit longer).

Hang in there. Serendipitously, I'm looking for another feeder vendor myself. 🤓

All my feeders have come from Dubiaroaches.com

I've had instances were all my 500 mealworms came dead,
After contacting them, The offered my money back, or have them re shipped at their expense.
They always make it right.

best prices out there too

Since being banned from rainbowmealworms I’ve been having a hard time find good prices variety feeders. I hate having to order from 3 places now 😭😭

I ordered from critter a few time and never had a problem but they do like to send there orders separately which I don’t like. I’ll get my crickets one day and then my superworms a few days later. Personally I started ordering from ghann and I’ve been very happy with every order so far. Is shipping a lot yes but worth it when your feeders arrive alive and healthy looking.

mulberryfarms is good too, I’ve never had a problem when ordering from them.

Back
Top Bottom