Buying eggs ?

Luigi555

I am intrested in incubating chameleon eggs any suggestions on a breeder or website ?. Any bodyhave luck ? Thank you

My sister order them for me as a gift they came in upside down. But I did candle then they are fertile but will being upside down kill them ?

Why would you want to buy eggs? You don't know if they're fertile. You don't know if they'll be healthy, vitality of neonates depends a lot on the health of the female when she laid the eggs, and there's even a lot of variability in a reasonably healthy clutch. You don't know the sex of the egg. Not to mention the shipping perils for the eggs, over heated, too cold, and thrown around like a book from FedEx or who ever delivers them.
It really relieves the breeder of all responsibility.
I think I'll start to sell eggs!

I was interested and then my sister actually purchased them yes they are are. HAndfuka nd you are correct who know anything about the parents. I have raised ducks, peacocks, chickens, I have raised many animals. I am new to reptile and just untested and now I can only wait and yes ! Maybe you should but you will getbat lot more money for the actual juvenile. I am already getting Beach about raising fruit flies

I thought it would be a nice little project but this is not one for me we will se how these eggs go. The reptile expo here in white plains is next week so I wil probably get a little guy at the show but is that a good idea?

Why would you want to buy eggs? You don't know if they're fertile. You don't know if they'll be healthy, vitality of neonates depends a lot on the health of the female when she laid the eggs, and there's even a lot of variability in a reasonably healthy clutch. You don't know the sex of the egg. Not to mention the shipping perils for the eggs, over heated, too cold, and thrown around like a book from FedEx or who ever delivers them.
It really relieves the breeder of all responsibility.
I think I'll start to sell eggs!
If I was a breeder selling eggs is the last thing I would do I want to make sure my animals will be as healthy as possible till they stronger and ready to go to a new home. I how wouldn't not be about to sell the babies honestly i get to much of an attachament.

I thought it would be a nice little project but this is not one for me we will se how these eggs go. The reptile expo here in white plains is next week so I wil probably get a little guy at the show but is that a good idea?
Much better to see at least a few clutch mates to gauge the relative health and size. You'll also get more information about the genetic background of the lizards you are purchasing.

o_O wait a minute, you don't know reptiles at all and you start with eggs? with chameleons? I wish you the best of luck sweetie, you will need it. I don't mean to sound negative... but this scenario does not provide a lot of optimism. How much research how you done?

Edit: Do you know how many months you have until they hatch? Do you know the species requirements, and especially the requirements of neonates?

o_O wait a minute, you don't know reptiles at all and you start with eggs? with chameleons? I wish you the best of luck sweetie, you will need it. I don't mean to sound negative... but this scenario does not provide a lot of optimism. How much research how you done?

Edit: Do you know how many months you have until they hatch? Do you know the species requirements, and especially the requirements of neonates?
yes I have had reptiles/ amphibians my whole life currently no but would like a new friend. my veiled passed away last year at 7 yrs I got him from a breeder when he was a little guy but not a hatchling.. All my research on this site and the internet ingeneral is no set guidlines. Feed requirements yes I know fruit flies and any nympths. I got to school For vet medicine and want to specialize in exotics.I know I have to breed them so I can have constant since they eat a lot I know the basics to what I have to do. But everyone will do things differently. I have had frogs, my veiled, anoles.. The clutch was born June 8 so 7-8 months after if not longer from what I read theybwill hatch. That is why I have came here for advice and tips to better my knowledge. I only want the best for my animals, as most people seem to just leave things at my door step. and the eggs were a gift from my sister she found out I was intrested and got them. Personally after the research I did I wouldn't have. Just trying to make the best of the situation

They are supposedly blue line Ambilobe and if you know a link for egg care that would cool I just found out the need course vermiculite and it should moist with condisation on the side of the container that means good on moister. Never turn eggs and have them buried half way, keep at 78 F. And wait is this correct anything wrong ?

The other "gotcha" is when the eggs hatch. They are ALOT smaller than the 4-6 month olds that normally get sold. Its quite fun trying to find feeders...

The other "gotcha" is when the eggs hatch. They are ALOT smaller than the 4-6 month olds that normally get sold. Its quite fun trying to find feeders...
Yes I actually started to order fruit flies so I can have sevral colonies and make sure i can breed them im kinda of crazy but in the good way and yes the eggs are so tiny I can only imagine what the hell these things in 8 months will look like

Make sure you get several colonies of fruit flies going and separate them regularly while they are doing well so they don't collapse and you completely lose all of yours. I guess I misread your other post XD. It's good you have reptile experience and generally some chameleon experience to start with. I would recommend right now if you don't currently have one started to buy a better brand of 5.0 uvb (preferably tube) and start using it. Neonates usually do best with a 6+ month old one for a couple months because their eyes are so sensitive. I also know most people don't do a lot of supplementing in the beginning. I am not sure what your average temps will be when they hatch, but they usually don't need a lot of basking help for the first month or two.

@kinyonga would know egg care much better than I. I don't do eggs, I do rehabs.

No one really knows if turning chameleon eggs affects hatch rate or not. I think it matters with turtles, but most breeders have dropped a clutch of or two of eggs and not known with side is up or down and haven't noticed any difference in the hatch rate. I know I have.

No one really knows if turning chameleon eggs affects hatch rate or not. I think it matters with turtles, but most breeders have dropped a clutch of or two of eggs and not known with side is up or down and haven't noticed any difference in the hatch rate. I know I have.
Yes, yes, But it still doesn't hurt to mark the top of the eggs just in case. I still mark all mine after a diapause.

Back
Top Bottom