Burnt stick?

Ange

I found a nice branch outside and to disinfect and dry properly i placed it in the oven oven for half and hour and to 300 degrees, it smells kinda burnt... is it alright to use for bearded pygmy's or should i just toss it?

I know the smell, I did the same for my chams first enclosure. Did you find it on the ground or cut it out of a tree? If you found it on the ground I would toss it, it could have fertilizer (If you have a lawn service or anything) or insecticides on it. If you cut it out of a tree it should be fine, just brush off anything that has dried and is flaking off.

Did you soak it first?
Hehe
Thats what i did wrong, i didnt soak mine and thats why they burn

Hate to admit it but I did that the first time also, my kitchen stunk to high heaven. Hubby got home and said " I am not eating what ever that is - we are going out. "never did tell him.:D

Hate to admit it but I did that the first time also, my kitchen stunk to high heaven. Hubby got home and said " I am not eating what ever that is - we are going out. "never did tell him.:D
I am emailing him right now....:D

Nick

LOL.... I didn't soak it, and i ripped it off a tree on my way home from work... :p so i think i'll use it as long as the chams dont mind the smell and if u guys say its okay then it shall be added :) thanks

Back
Top Bottom