Burn or something else?

I just called another place ill be taking her to most likely the girl on the phone said they see alot of chameleons. But i sm still going to apply the medicine so if it is just mouth rot we can at least get started on handling it does that sound like a good idea?
I don't know much about that medication or what the veterinarian said to you during the appointment, so I can not give you an opinion. But I would take him to the exotic vet you were talking about.

I don't know much about that medication or what the veterinarian said to you during the appointment, so I can not give you an opinion. But I would take him to the exotic vet you were talking about.
K that is the next step is going to this other vet as soon as possible just to make sure its not something else i want to out her through the leaat amount of stress and dont want to be makin g her get medicine kn her if it wont even help.

Did the vet clean out the area at all or just say apply the medication over the scabby looking area?
She cleaned it out a little with a q tip that had something on it and opened her mouth to check the inside as well them told me to ise this medicine. I am going to go to the exotics only vet that we have i want to make sure we have the right medicine. And my gut is telling me we might need something else just want her to feel better. :(

Update for anyonr following. The antibiotic jas helped thr black mark is coming off kind of like a scab would and her appetite has come back wonderfully shes my little hunter again :D ok tnink i know what caused it because its the o ly thing that changed is i placed a wooden container thing to stagger tge plants for different heights with one....i didnt boil it or anything just stuck it in there without thinking. Laziness and oversight on my part made my baby sick. But all is going better now.

Update for anyonr following. The antibiotic jas helped thr black mark is coming off kind of like a scab would and her appetite has come back wonderfully shes my little hunter again :D ok tnink i know what caused it because its the o ly thing that changed is i placed a wooden container thing to stagger tge plants for sifferenr heights with one....i didnt boil it or anything just stuck it in there withoit thinking. Laziness and oversight on my part made my baby sick. But a is going better now.
I cant type on the phone i apologize for all the typos

Never hear of gentimyacin being used in that way...but it could be I suppose...but will it help because I'm not sure it can penetrate the "scab".

Never hear of gentimyacin being used in that way...but it could be I suppose...but will it help because I'm not sure it can penetrate the "scab".
Didnt get an email saying you reaponsed kin i apologize. I was very thorough with it but whether it was the medicine or jist worked itself out the scab comoletely came odd with her shed she just did and she got herself a nice big new enclosure now too lol her appetite came back adter three days of the meds and was moving a little more. Definitely expkoring with the new cage. Not sure how that ned is normally used i think eye drops?

It's usually injected for a wide range of bacterial infections....respiratory, etc.
I've never heard of it being put straight into the wound area. Learn something every day.

I hope she is on the mend!

Last edited:
This is really old but I wanted to say that my baby girl sassy is green almost 24/7 after medicine and new enclosure. Once the meds were done she stopped being brown all the time, only when shes basking. I think she may have been sick from when i bought her because shes never been like this before the meds. Hopefully being the sleeping green all the time is good thing!

Back
Top Bottom