Bump on to of head

beavesss

I had to go on a trip for a month an left my cham with my little brother when I returned I noticed a bump had formed on her head. I don't know if I should drain it with a sterile needle, take her to the vet, or let it be.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Female Veiled cham. 1Yr
Handling - On occasion to take her out let her roam. But everyday to feed
Feeding - Crickets about 5-8 a day. Gut load with vegetables like carrots and collard greens
Supplements - Reptivite once a week, calc. w/o d3 every other day, calc. w/ d3 twice a month
Watering - Use a handheld mister and mist until humidity is about 60%
Fecal Description - Dark brown with mostly white and some yellow urates
History - No prior health problems

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 18x18x24 terrarium
Lighting - Zoo med uv light cant remember which exact beside the one 6a.m.-6p.m.
Temperature - Basking area 80-85 mid level terrarium 74-77. use a hygrotherm(?) to control when heat lamp comes on. I have 2 thermometers in cage at all time at dif levels along with a laser thermometer
Humidity - %55-%65 hydrotherm trigggers an alarm telling me when humidity has dropped. I have 2 hygrometers in cage at all times at dif levels
Plants - fake
Placement - 3ft off floor in a corner
Location - Tucson, Az

Attachments

• DSC_0094.jpg
    DSC_0094.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 298
looks like a sinus infection that formed an abscess, you will have to bring her to a vet for antibiotics before it spreads to her eyes. Have them do a culture to know exactly which antibiotic to use because you don't want to mess with these kinds of things and just throw her on any random antibiotic.

Take him to the vet and can you better describe the UVB you use? They lump might be a cyst but you should never pop these on your own without a vet it's cruel. And he will most likely need antibiotics if it is truly a cyst/abscess

I touched it with my finger and it is soft and not hard. does anybody know of good vets in Tucson?

on a side note, you should also cut back her food to maybe 5 every other day to keep her from forming a clutch of eggs, also try to keep the basking temps under 83F, also if your feeders are well gutloaded you should give her the vitamins once a month instead of twice.

It is a uvb cfl had it for about 5 months now with no problems. I looked at the box it is a reptisun 5.0 uvb.

It is a uvb cfl had it for about 5 months now with no problems. I looked at the box it is a reptisun 5.0 uvb.

Good to hear! :) you will need to update it in less then 3-4 more months...that's the most time I would even wait and only if I was broke.

a respiratory infection brought on by too high or too much humidity. You should let the cage dry out before bringing the humidity back up so the air doesn't get too humid. so mist, let it dry mist, let it dry, like that. Veileds are arid arboreal and need good ventilation and don't need such constant high humidity levels.

Back
Top Bottom