Bump Around Eye

NosyBe15

Hey Everyone. Brand new to this forum and glad I joined. I have found some previous threads about this, but didnt really get a good answer on what the solution was.

I have a NosyBe, I would say he is around 8 months old. When I got home from work today, I noticed a bump around his eye. I dont think it was there this AM when I fed him. Is this a problem? Is there anything I can do?

I have found this Thread, But am not sure on what the solution was.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/bump-eye-turret-30547/

Eye 2 LR,jpeg.jpg

Eye 1 LR.jpg

I will attempt to attach a few photos. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome :)

Do you have sny substrate in his cage? It looks like he has something stuck in it. Do you notice him cleaning it a lot?

Hey.

There is no substrate in his cage, and he doesnt seemed to be bothered by it. I dont see him messing with it, and this morning it looked about the same. I tried to get a better picture of it, but they were a bit blurry. I will try to get some more when I get home from work.

He ate and drank as usual this AM. Took out his 10 crickets in about 4 minutes so he is still really active.

Should I be looking into a Vet to take him to at this point? If so does anyone have one to suggest in the socal/Burbank area?

I saw that previous post where it says the owner "Took it out" I dont know what that means, and cant say I am even comfortable to be touching his eye like that.

This is my first Cham, and his first issue. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

I was about to post a thread about this because last week I discovered that my Cham has the exact same problem. I have no clue what it is from because all of his temps and humidity are fine and he is getting proper UVB and feeding with calcium and vitamins.

Ok. Well at least I am not the only one who has this. How long have you noticed the bump??

I ran home on my lunch break to check on him to see what was going on, he was just chilling out as usual. So I dont think the bump is bothering him. But its really bothering me. haha.

Here is a video I took off of Vine, it pretty much shows the bump. It could be slightly bigger today, but cant say for sure.

https://vine.co/v/bLKqrtmeU9Q

Anybody else with this issue? Any resolutions?

mine is new to me also and she had a bump for a couple of days but now she isnt opening her eye barely and keeps rubbing it on stuff.

Okay so my Cham has had the bump for eight to ten days and every once in a while(usually right when he wakes up)he cannot open it. I have found that to help him open it, you can use a cotton ball soaked with warm water and gently dab or rub his eye turret and eye. I am still not sure if a vet visit is needed though because it doesn't effect his feeding and he has been acting normal.

Okay so my Cham has had the bump for eight to ten days and every once in a while(usually right when he wakes up)he cannot open it. I have found that to help him open it, you can use a cotton ball soaked with warm water and gently dab or rub his eye turret and eye. I am still not sure if a vet visit is needed though because it doesn't effect his feeding and he has been acting normal.

I would still get him looked at. He might be in pain. That is not a nice thing to live with. You would go to the doctors if you was in pain. He just can't tell you. It is good that he is still able to feed though.

Looking at him this morning. The bump is still there and possibly could be a bit bigger. Or it could be me just worrying that it is getting bigger.

Yesterday on my way hoMe I stopped at a Vet that I pass to see if they could help me, They couldnt but gave me a number to a vet thats about 20 minutes away that could.

So I am going to call them and around today, It looks like I am going to take him in. He still isnt messing with it, and he was down low this morning in his normal spot waiting for me to dump in his morning crickets. Took out his usual 10ish in about 5 minutes. So he is still acting the same, the bump is just starting to really bother me so I am going to take him in.

Anyone have a vet in So Cal / Burbank they could recommend? How should I transport him to the vet?

How should I transport him to the vet?

I have heard that a cardboard box is good with a stick in it to sit on and a towel in the bottom in case they fall off the stick (probably worth double checking that though). Hope this helps. I would be worried about it too but it is definitely worth getting it checked out just for your own piece of mind. I hope your little one is ok.

looks like a clogged nasal duct. You can help your cham out by giving him long showers and using a wet q tip, gently rub the bump and try to push whatever is out.

I've personally done it, but i'd recommend going to a vet to get his eye flushed and some drops to help him clean his eyes out.

This is just my opinion, so I'm not 100% sure what that bump is.

Headed to get this checked out

So today, flew home on my lunch again to check on him. I think the bump is getting bigger so I am going to take him to a vet. Now I just gotta find one that can help him out. I will post some photos.

Yesterday when I got home I gave him a warm misting for a good 5 minutes... A, He doesnt like his showers... At all. But B, he wasnt doing anything to "clean his eye" I think he is just too distracted by hating the shower. I still havent seen any signs of it bothering him, but now it really bothers me.:mad::mad:

@GabeCastro, what do you mean by "take it out" How do you get it out? do you mean moving the lump to the opening of the eye? I just dont think I could do that..... I would be too nervous to hurt him. I also dont have the steadiest hand in the world... LOL, Id end up with a one eyed Cham... jk jk.

Clarence one.jpg

Clarence two.jpg
He is smiling at cha!!!:)
clarence three.jpg

So I will be taking him in to a vet once I find where to take him.

Thanks for the tip on how to take him there, I will look up some other posts also and see if I can find some info.

I found a Vet off of an older forum. I didnt get the exact Dr named in the listing, but I got someone who also services exotics, so hopefully the service is the same. The Dr. in the post didnt have an open appt until Wed, and I want to get him in ASAP, so I got an Appt for tomorrow at 9am.

I have a feeling i'm Gonna have a grumpy cham in the AM...

Thanks for that link ATARAXIA.

I am taking him in tomorrow AM to get checked out. I will give him a longer shower today when I get home even though he really doesnt like it.

Vet on Thurs

Ok. Well what he has is called an Eye Plug. Speaking with the breeder that I got him from they told me to try the warm shower treatments to see if he would remove it himself. He isnt.

Then they told me to try to move it out. I can get it to move towards the center of his eye, but I cant get it to come out.

SO the next appt my vet has is Thursday and I will be taking him in. Having to wait that long is going to bother me, but he seems fine. He is still eating and everything is normal.

UGH!

Ok. Well what he has is called an Eye Plug. Speaking with the breeder that I got him from they told me to try the warm shower treatments to see if he would remove it himself. He isnt.

Then they told me to try to move it out. I can get it to move towards the center of his eye, but I cant get it to come out.

SO the next appt my vet has is Thursday and I will be taking him in. Having to wait that long is going to bother me, but he seems fine. He is still eating and everything is normal.

UGH!
You can try removing it yourself, sorry been crazy busy and I was meaning to give you this link:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/wow-popped-out-crazy-thing-eye-long-story-106143/

I cleaned out my chams eye and popped something out the size of a rice grain. Only thing I had were eye drops I got from the vet awhile back. Emailed my vet and he recommended a eye flush if it ever builds up again.

But i'm glad you're going the vet route, I'd just recommend upping your mistings to help loosen up whatevers in your chams eye.

Thanks SO MUCH GabeCastro!!!!!

This is the exact thing I am dealing with. I am going to try once more to get it out before the vet. I can get it to move, but once I get it to the center of the eye I kinda start to freak out and panic because I think I am hurting him.

But now that I know what it is, I will try a little harder to get this thing out.

Thanks SO MUCH GabeCastro!!!!!

This is the exact thing I am dealing with. I am going to try once more to get it out before the vet. I can get it to move, but once I get it to the center of the eye I kinda start to freak out and panic because I think I am hurting him.

But now that I know what it is, I will try a little harder to get this thing out.
No problem!

Just be sure the qtip you use is soft and damped with warm water before applying any pressure to the eye turret. Also try and spray some warm water into his eye so he cleans it out while you're pushing that excess build up out. You'll have to apply some pressure so it pops out of the eye, if you have to force it too much, i'd wait till the vet can take a look.

Let me know if you can get that stuff out your chams eye, also post pics if possible. Wish I did a before & after of my chams eye turret to help others out with more visuals.

Back
Top Bottom