Bump Around Eye

I do video production. Thinking about it, I'm going to set up one of my HD cams and record my attempt. It could help others going forward. Not to mention I will need the extra light.

Beyond frustrated

UUUGGHHHHHH. THIS IS SO DAMN FRUSTRATING. the stupid damn lump is NOT coming out. It's not gonna happen. It doesn't pop out at all. I can get it to the front and that's it. It's too big to get through the hole.

So now he hates me. He bit me for the first time. Now he won't eat from me and hides when I come into the room. GREAT. Fken great!!!!!

I have an appt at a vet for Thursday. So now he has to sit with this stupid thing for 3 more days to even see if I can get any help. And I get to worry for another 3 days.

So no progress. Now I just have a pissed Cham who I probably made it all worse. I can't even say if or how a vet is going to fix this. Wonder how much this will cost.

Had An Idea

I had an idea last night.

I see him trying to get this thing out by doing the eye squiggle thing they do. So I am assuming he is trying to get this thing out of his eye, and I am assuming he is trying to do that by moving the lump to the hole and popping it out of his eye hole. Is that a correct assumption???

He cant move the lump to the hole.

I can move the lump to the hole but I cant get it out from there.

Should I move the lump over to the hole and leave him alone for a little bit? Do you think he could pop it out from there? It just makes me nervous to try it because when the lump is over the hole, it looks bad. It looks painful and I know he cant see. So that makes me kind of freak out, but if thats what he is trying to do, its going to happen like that regardless, correct?

Anyone think this is worth a try? My Vet appt is tomorrow at 2pm. I could try this today, but then again I am starting to feel like I am traumatizing him by continuing to try to get this thing out.

Went home on my lunch to check on him. It looks a bit bigger today, so I am giving up. I have a appt with the Vet tomorrow. So I hope they can figure this out.

Back From The Vet

Well today was the day I took Clarence into the Vet. Thank goodness the vet has seen this before.

So they basically did what I couldnt do. They moved it to the eye hole, and broke it up into smaller pieces and removed the bits piece by piece. There was WAY more in there then I ever imagined.

He ran a test on the Gunk they took out, and it was white blood cells. meaning he has some Type of eye infection. He couldnt say what caused it, but after grilling me with a ton of questions, he told me I was doing everything correctly. I got the vet off of this website, and it worked out well. To make the apt it was 70 dollars, today the total was 130. So this was a 200 adventure.

I have a prescription for some eye drops "Tobramycin Ophthalmic Soultion USP 0.3%" I am to apply twice a day for 14 days. I also have a follow up in 14 days.

I am very relieved that he could get this out. Clarence turned black while it was happening, by the time I got him home, he was back to his beautiful light blue w/ white.

I would suggest to anyone else, the second you notice the bump, if you cant get it out get your Cham to a vet, because it is just going to get bigger and bigger.

Clarence Before.jpg Clarence Before

EyeGunk1.jpg YUK

Gunk2.jpg YUK!

Clarence1.jpg Clarence After

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this post!!!

I'm glad your little dude is all better! I did think it looked like an object stuck in there. Speedy recovery you guys!

Back
Top Bottom