Bulbs?

All my chams are trained to eat out of a cup as soon as I hold it in front of them. He always poops in the bottom of the same plant.
Just wondering.. same with Rana, I usually just hold it out and she takes it. But she poos wherever she feels like it, mostly because I am still rearranging. I figure eventually we will both have a solid routine. I got the bulb set up. It doesnt fit in my fixture because of the cap, but I move some lamps around and have it above the hanging plant. She has swarmed it and it is now her extra favouritest spot. Thanks again for all your help!

Do they live full time in there? Where do you hide your uvbs?
Yes Dank is currently living full time in the free range. There is a Megaray bulb and two led bulbs hidden behind the veil of fake plants at the top. All my chams spend time outside during spring and summer so they get a lot of natural uvb also.
4D7FD63C-06CF-4157-9561-4A2FD1B1B8AC.jpeg

Yes Dank is currently living full time in the free range. There is a Megaray bulb and two led bulbs hidden behind the veil of fake plants at the top. All my chams spend time outside during spring and summer so they get a lot of natural uvb also.View attachment 278715
Aaahhh I see.. I have a very similar set up, but all my plants are still in pots because I havent found an efficient way to plant them all together. I have been thinking about a large tote so I can move it a bit to clean around it. You dont do linear bulbs.. What is a Megaray? I should look into that. I had her enclosure tucked below everything with her lights and she would climb down there on dreary days, but I have recently moved it out and let her go full free range. I have her other lamps hanging from curtain rods and tree limbs. I was thinking of mounting a linear light fixture, but if I can do a bulb here and there I think it would work better overall.

Hey everyone.... so.. Rana is now sleeping in the tea garden. She got sick this week and unfortunately, rep vets are hard to come by here. Thank you for all of your help. It was fast and unexpected. I managed to get home from work tonight with just enough time to hold her while she passed, so at least she wasnt alone. I'm pretty heartbroken right now. It took me about an hour to finally give her back to the earth. But.. I do have other animal friends to tend to, 3 cats and a uromastyx named Michaelangelo. Mikey is getting a upgrade tomorrow while I am off to big custom tank. We have about 60 pounds of excavator clay, a ton of rocks and other neat things for him, and big imaginations....and another 20 something years to enjoy with him. In lieu of posting Rana's jungle, I will update you guys with Mikey's new digs (pun intended). P.s. Mikey lives in the window overlooking my tea garden so Rana will never be alone. Thanks again guys, dont forget to hold your babies and tell them how much you love them.

Ohh...I’m so sorry you lost your sweet Rana. :(
Thank you Skittles. I take solace in the fact that she is resting peacefully now. She put up one hell of a fight. God speed little one I'm sorry I couldn't give you the help you needed, I am happy you spent the last of your days with us. We will be focusing our efforts on Mikey and his upgrades before considering another cham friend. Thanks again everyone.

I'm sure some of you may have forgotten that I owe you some photos.. but fear not, because I have not forgotten! I also have some good news (you have to read to the end ??). The first photo is of Mikey's desert.. this thing is almost double in length and definitely double in height from his old tank (thats the old tank lid on top!). He freaking LOVES IT! He immediately located the tunnels I made him and he's coming out a lot more than he used to. INB4 I know the glass is messy, I ran out of the cleaner, but I ordered more. The second photo is of what used to be Rana's jungle home. ? There's like.. 20 plants..ish.. and the whole in the middle is the hibiscus that decided to get naked for fall, but she's slowly getting redressed now that everything is in full swing. Again, INB4 don't mind the wires as I had to remodel kind of on the fly due to photo number 3 and 4. The good news you have been patiently awaiting....
Bumbadumdaaaaaa ?...
Allow me to introduce.. PINKERTON! He is a juvey veiled that has found his way here, don't ask me how it happened, it was a surprise to both of us. He is sooooo smol! Like.. thumb size ??? and he is a piebald, for those who dont know, that's why his front arms and feet are pink. ??? I wish you guys could have seen the way he stretched his teeny body out by his feet, arms wide, as soon as I opened the door to the bathroom. ?? Pinky immediately went to Rana's favorite spot and took up neighborhood watch. He's eating like a fat kid at a buffet and he's pretty social for a cham. He runs to meet me, but maybe it is less love and more I bring the bugs.. ? Needless to say, I am in love.? I hope everyone is well and your critchers are healthy and happy! Thanks again for all of your support!

Attachments

• 20201029_185744.jpg
    20201029_185744.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20201029_184513.jpg
    20201029_184513.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20201025_114806.jpg
    20201025_114806.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201029_184955.jpg
    20201029_184955.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 100
I'm sure some of you may have forgotten that I owe you some photos.. but fear not, because I have not forgotten! I also have some good news (you have to read to the end ??). The first photo is of Mikey's desert.. this thing is almost double in length and definitely double in height from his old tank (thats the old tank lid on top!). He freaking LOVES IT! He immediately located the tunnels I made him and he's coming out a lot more than he used to. INB4 I know the glass is messy, I ran out of the cleaner, but I ordered more. The second photo is of what used to be Rana's jungle home. ? There's like.. 20 plants..ish.. and the whole in the middle is the hibiscus that decided to get naked for fall, but she's slowly getting redressed now that everything is in full swing. Again, INB4 don't mind the wires as I had to remodel kind of on the fly due to photo number 3 and 4. The good news you have been patiently awaiting....
Bumbadumdaaaaaa ?...
Allow me to introduce.. PINKERTON! He is a juvey veiled that has found his way here, don't ask me how it happened, it was a surprise to both of us. He is sooooo smol! Like.. thumb size ??? and he is a piebald, for those who dont know, that's why his front arms and feet are pink. ??? I wish you guys could have seen the way he stretched his teeny body out by his feet, arms wide, as soon as I opened the door to the bathroom. ?? Pinky immediately went to Rana's favorite spot and took up neighborhood watch. He's eating like a fat kid at a buffet and he's pretty social for a cham. He runs to meet me, but maybe it is less love and more I bring the bugs.. ? Needless to say, I am in love.? I hope everyone is well and your critchers are healthy and happy! Thanks again for all of your support!
Ohhh the translucents are fun to watch grow and change. My male has had some incredible color changes the last two months. Congrats on the new baby!

Ohhh the translucents are fun to watch grow and change. My male has had some incredible color changes the last two months. Congrats on the new baby!
Thanks Beman! Omg I forgot to mention I dropped the basking lamp and broke it ? so I have another one coming, but he does have the coil and the Megaray and that pool light yall talked me into which keeps the temp pretty much basking temp at the top, he moves down and around if he's hot and back up to eat .. and since he's little yet he doesn't reeeeeeeally need a sun blaster, but one is in the way.

Back
Top Bottom