Bulbs?

Thanks Beman! Omg I forgot to mention I dropped the basking lamp and broke it ? so I have another one coming, but he does have the coil and the Megaray and that pool light yall talked me into which keeps the temp pretty much basking temp at the top, he moves down and around if he's hot and back up to eat .. and since he's little yet he doesn't reeeeeeeally need a sun blaster, but one is in the way.
Do you have a solarmeter for the Megaray? This is pretty important to double check the UVB levels. Really watch his temps too. Him being so young nothing hotter then 78-80.

Do you have a solarmeter for the Megaray? This is pretty important to double check the UVB levels. Really watch his temps too. Him being so young nothing hotter then 78-80.
I do not, but it is close to where he hangs out and its brand new. I will get one of those as well. Its hottest during the day, so I don't use the coil then. That puts the temp to that 80 range. At night it cools off when the Megaray goes off. That is when the coil comes on. That keeps the temp anywhere from 65-70. I also monitor the heat in the room itself via thermostat and the humidity is easily controllable via the fan and the door. I try to keep it as close to 50% as I can. The humidity is the hardest part because he obviously needs water, but since its the bathroom, it elevates rapidly with only a little bit. I try to get the majority of the water where he actually hangs out in order to get his body misted. He also has a dripper I made from a plant irrigation tube and a pump. Its just keeping an eye mostly. I have a live-in boyfriend who helps monitor levels for both critchers. I had looked into the raygun when I saw someone mention it somewhere else. I figured since the bulb is so new, and he is pretty near to it, that he should be getting all the rays. However, I will get on that asap. I do notice when the temp climbs during the day that I find him either behind the leaves, over under the pool light on the pothos l, or down on the wooden framework I built. I guess what I'm getting at is that he is in fact figuring out his internal temp gauge, so that's comforting. ?

I do not, but it is close to where he hangs out and its brand new. I will get one of those as well. Its hottest during the day, so I don't use the coil then. That puts the temp to that 80 range. At night it cools off when the Megaray goes off. That is when the coil comes on. That keeps the temp anywhere from 65-70. I also monitor the heat in the room itself via thermostat and the humidity is easily controllable via the fan and the door. I try to keep it as close to 50% as I can. The humidity is the hardest part because he obviously needs water, but since its the bathroom, it elevates rapidly with only a little bit. I try to get the majority of the water where he actually hangs out in order to get his body misted. He also has a dripper I made from a plant irrigation tube and a pump. Its just keeping an eye mostly. I have a live-in boyfriend who helps monitor levels for both critchers. I had looked into the raygun when I saw someone mention it somewhere else. I figured since the bulb is so new, and he is pretty near to it, that he should be getting all the rays. However, I will get on that asap. I do notice when the temp climbs during the day that I find him either behind the leaves, over under the pool light on the pothos l, or down on the wooden framework I built. I guess what I'm getting at is that he is in fact figuring out his internal temp gauge, so that's comforting. ?
If you look at the photo of the plants, the wire that right now is untucked directly in front of the hanging plant pot.. that is the temp gauge, if that was also something with the raygun you were hitting at.. I have the probe in where he hangs out so that I can monitor what he is actually feeling. I ha e temp gauges tucked in the plants and there are humidity gauges there as well (like the one stuck on the window frame on the right).

So with the mega ray I am actually concerned about UVI levels that are far too high for him to be exposed him. The closer to the bulb the hotter and more intense the UVB is. I would really suggest getting a solarmeter if you are going to have a free range like this. Over exposure leads to health issues as well.

You should not be heating the room unless it gets cooler then 45-50 degrees. They actually need a temp drop at night.

So with the mega ray I am actually concerned about UVI levels that are far too high for him to be exposed him. The closer to the bulb the hotter and more intense the UVB is. I would really suggest getting a solarmeter if you are going to have a free range like this. Over exposure leads to health issues as well.

You should not be heating the room unless it gets cooler then 45-50 degrees. They actually need a temp drop at night.
I am ordering one as we speak.. what numbers am I looking for when it comes in?

Back
Top Bottom