Bulbs?

RanaPiranha

Hello, I have a veiled cham girlie who lives in my bathroom. She is pretty happy going in and out of her enclosure on her own to traverse all the plants I have for her. She loves to hang out on the window sill, in her hanging plant, and on her fig tree. She comes down for water, to eat, to sit under her lamps and to say hello. Due to her spending more time up high and all of the plants in my bathroom I was wondering if there is a bulb I can put in my preexisting ceiling fixture that will do 3 things:
1. Will be good for her?
2. Will be good for the plants?
3. Will NOT cause a fire?
As we move to the winter months I need the more tropical plants to get more sunlight than they will from the window, but I also dont want to be blinding my cham since she spends a lot of time towards the top. Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks guys, I'm getting ready for work now..
I will check back every so often to see what everybody has to say, and when I get some time, I will check them all out. My main concern is a fire hazard.
Thanks again, I'll check back soon!

I am not looking for something to replace her lighting, it's more for the plants. It would be nice if it could benefit her, but it obviously needs to not harm her by giving her too much "sun exposure".

Does she have a uvb bulb as well? If so how much time does she spend under it per day and what type are you using for her?

I have 2 of these exact bulbs over my enclosure and the plants absolutely LOVE them. After 3 months under all of the plants are thriving and have grown amazingly. I have the enclosure in a room where the only light the plants get is from the enclosure lights. There is even very little ambient light in the room most of the time.

These are LED bulbs and should last a long time. You should be able to use them for many years before they need to be replaced.
20200925_100843.jpg

Does she have a uvb bulb as well? If so how much time does she spend under it per day and what type are you using for her?
She does have both UVB and a ceramic heat bulb. She also has a huge window she watches the neighbors from which is above her enclosure lighting (shes not double dipping on sun). She is good on lighting, it's more for the plants. With winter coming, as does overcast here in PA. I want to have everything still vibrant and thriving for her, without disrupting her with excess light. I would leave it on the same time as her "sun" and the heater is always on incase she is cold at night. Its a warm room in my house, so it's more for backup on chilly chilly nights. Shes loved and cared for .. a little mean still, but she wasnt handled well where she was. OMG, I took her because the man used TAPE.. PACKING TAPE to pull off her shed.. ? I have never wanted to punch a human in the neck as badly as I did then and there. Anyhooooo.. I think you all have great input and that's why I joined this forum. I think ReptoFreak has a set up most similar to mine. She only uses her enclosure to come down to eat and the follow up actions to such. LPSouth has more enclosure plants than me. I have been working on it slowly. I spoil all my critter friends. I think with the help of a good bulb for the room the plants will explode and Rana can feel more at home. I'll get the bulb and see how goes and post some follow up photos in few months(?). Thank you guys. I really appreciate the support in this community. ?

She does have both UVB and a ceramic heat bulb. She also has a huge window she watches the neighbors from which is above her enclosure lighting (shes not double dipping on sun). She is good on lighting, it's more for the plants. With winter coming, as does overcast here in PA. I want to have everything still vibrant and thriving for her, without disrupting her with excess light. I would leave it on the same time as her "sun" and the heater is always on incase she is cold at night. Its a warm room in my house, so it's more for backup on chilly chilly nights. Shes loved and cared for .. a little mean still, but she wasnt handled well where she was. OMG, I took her because the man used TAPE.. PACKING TAPE to pull off her shed.. ? I have never wanted to punch a human in the neck as badly as I did then and there. Anyhooooo.. I think you all have great input and that's why I joined this forum. I think ReptoFreak has a set up most similar to mine. She only uses her enclosure to come down to eat and the follow up actions to such. LPSouth has more enclosure plants than me. I have been working on it slowly. I spoil all my critter friends. I think with the help of a good bulb for the room the plants will explode and Rana can feel more at home. I'll get the bulb and see how goes and post some follow up photos in few months(?). Thank you guys. I really appreciate the support in this community. ?
Good watch your night time temps though. They need the cool down at night and females really should not be kept over 80 at basking due to egg laying. UVB will not go through glass which was why I wanted to make sure you had the correct UVB bulb for her.
Glad she ended up with someone who cares.

Ok guys.. the mail has been suuuuper delayed, but I got the bulb for the ceiling just as you prescribed! I'm going to see if it fits today and if it doesnt I'm gonna go get a fancy new fixture ? Photo of a sheddy Rana chilling in her favourite spot.

Attachments

• 20201002_091053.jpg
    20201002_091053.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom