Building a statue

They didnt give us suplemnets and i talked to the vet i work with and shes giving me good brands for him thank you for pointing out his eyes for me
Ok just make sure it is a calcium without D3 at each Feeding and then you want to do a calcium with D3 two times a month and a multivitamin 2 times a month. These two get rotated week to week. They should be powdered supplements only and lightly dusted on all feeders.

Also he looks 9 months or older so I would make sure he is only getting 3 feeders every other day. Make sure your gutloading the feeders properly too.

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

You can use the ceiling egg crate as a support and then use Great Stuff foam over that to create a nice background and support for branches and plants. I did my males enclosure. If you look closely at the bottom you can see some egg crate peeking out.
1A63F066-8993-4A33-AC78-DF73DB5247BA.jpeg

I like this, im currently drawing up blueprints 4 my dragonstrand and i think i wanna do something like that but i only have pothos and ivy.
Plenty available to choose from. You've got the ivy; cross reference climbing vines with cham-safe plants, and many can be found inexpensively this time of year. If you budget is tight, ask friends & neighbors for clippings.

What do u mean by ceiling egg crates?
Ive never heard of that before
It's a plastic grate used to cover lighting in drop-ceilings. You can find it at any home improvement store and some pet stores.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cei...WHHc0KHSTHBjcQ_AUoAnoECA8QBA&biw=1024&bih=636
You can cover it with foam as
MissSkittles
mentioned, or leave it plain and just let the plants (and chameleon) climb it. I used it up the back for climbing plants, and on the floor to support plant pots on top of a drainage tray.

1601626355230.jpeg

Last edited:
O
It's a plastic grate used to cover lighting in drop-ceilings. You can find it at any home improvement store and some pet stores.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cei...WHHc0KHSTHBjcQ_AUoAnoECA8QBA&biw=1024&bih=636
You can cover it with foam as
MissSkittles
mentioned, or leave it plain and just let the plants (and chameleon) climb it. I used it up the back for climbing plants, and on the floor to support plant pots on top of a drainage tray.

View attachment 278649
this is really old but what is that center piece plant?

I have to disagree with most folks here; not enough people go the extra mile to make their enclosures special. Yes, your chameleon doesn't care, but it's a wasted opportunity not to enhance the look of your enclosure. Nothing looks as spectacular as a well done naturalistic /creative enclosure. I wish more people decorated their enclosures the way aquariums are done up.

I have to disagree with most folks here; not enough people go the extra mile to make their enclosures special. Yes, your chameleon doesn't care, but it's a wasted opportunity not to enhance the look of your enclosure. Nothing looks as spectacular as a well done naturalistic /creative enclosure. I wish more people decorated their enclosures the way aquariums are done up.

Agreed. And I'm not talking about @Beman, she has nice enclosures, and knowing her as a friend, I know she's just concerned about safety. But I've come across other people that are obviously just jealous of the work some of us put into our enclosures, especially when they're beautiful planted bio enclosures. It's a work of living art, not everyone has a knack for it. I have a fairly good eye for it, but im not good at plenty of other things. Give people credit where it's due IMO. I come from the reef world and to me the enclosure aesthetics are very important.

Agreed. And I'm not talking about @Beman, she has nice enclosures, and knowing her as a friend, I know she's just concerned about safety. But I've come across other people that are obviously just jealous of the work some of us put into our enclosures, especially when they're beautiful planted bio enclosures. It's a work of living art, not everyone has a knack for it. I have a fairly good eye for it, but im not good at plenty of other things. Give people credit where it's due IMO. I come from the reef world and to me the enclosure aesthetics are very important.
I find this whole thing to be quite funny.... This is what the OP originally said and why I discouraged it "using plasters or somthing to build a statue as kinda a center piece of the encloser his name is sigmar from a tabletop game i play"

If you google Sigmar it is a person.... So yeah lets put a giant statue of a warrior in a chameleon cage. This is far from naturalistic. Now had they said they were going to create a large tree structure out of plaster. Sure go for it. I have seen some really amazing stuff done to create huge naturalistic environments for chams. But a giant warrior in the middle of a cage. Come on........... :hilarious: So if people want to disagree with me and say a giant plaster warrior in a cage is natural then that is their opinion. Just like I think it is the most unnatural thing someone could do.

I find this whole thing to be quite funny.... This is what the OP originally said and why I discouraged it "using plasters or somthing to build a statue as kinda a center piece of the encloser his name is sigmar from a tabletop game i play"

If you google Sigmar it is a person.... So yeah lets put a giant statue of a warrior in a chameleon cage. This is far from naturalistic. Now had they said they were going to create a large tree structure out of plaster. Sure go for it. I have seen some really amazing stuff done to create huge naturalistic environments for chams. But a giant warrior in the middle of a cage. Come on........... :hilarious: So if people want to disagree with me and say a giant plaster warrior in a cage is natural then that is their opinion. Just like I think it is the most unnatural thing someone could do.
Agree

Oh yeah I'm with you, I was getting a little off topic. Agreeing with the other poster talking about making beautiful naturalistic enclosures. Tbh I didn't even read much into the statue thing lol

Oh yeah I'm with you, I was getting a little off topic. Agreeing with the other poster talking about making beautiful naturalistic enclosures. Tbh I didn't even read much into the statue thing lol
I am just gonna put Xena in my cage. A giant one. I am sure that Beman would love to have the warrior princess all up in his face. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom