Building a statue

SDSins_King

Me and my girlfriend got a vieled chameleon giving to us she is a big lizard girl and ive always loved them but im going to be building him a bigger encloser and was curious if there is any problems using plasters or somthing to build a statue as kinda a center piece of the encloser his name is sigmar from a tabletop game i play and want to make a themed encloser for him but dont want to build anything that will hurt him can anyone help with ideas or suggestions please and thank you

Honestly decor like that is for your amusement not hers. If it does not serve a function that is important for an arboreal lizard then I would recommend leaving decor outside and creating an environment that is suitable for the chameleon. Do you have a female or a male? you said girl and him. Females require a lay bin in the bottom of their enclosure so they can lay infertile eggs.

I just have a male and i was going to build a water dripper into it as well as having all the vines and such coming off of it the statue

I just have a male and i was going to build a water dripper into it as well as having all the vines and such coming off of it the statue
Can you post a picture of the chameleon?

So per the dripper... You do not want to recycle water though if your thinking of a pump etc. Dripping down plants/branches is how they drink.

Can you post a picture of the chameleon?

So per the dripper... You do not want to recycle water though if your thinking of a pump etc. Dripping down plants/branches is how they drink.
I was planning on building the resevure into the statue and it drip off onto leafs around it and having it run to a "grey" water tank to dump out when its full

Attachments

• received_761929004374916.jpeg
    received_761929004374916.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 87
  • received_342393283778538.jpeg
    received_342393283778538.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 99
I was planning on building the resevure into the statue and it drip off onto leafs around it and having it run to a "grey" water tank to dump out when its full
So it can be done but just insure it is not running on the statue this will grow bacteria.. You don't want him drinking that. He is a handsome boy.
Do you know what supplements he has been on? I am seeing some puffiness to his eyes. Did they tell you how old he was?

This will be a good resource for you https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

So it can be done but just insure it is not running on the statue this will grow bacteria.. You don't want him drinking that. He is a handsome boy.
Do you know what supplements he has been on? I am seeing some puffiness to his eyes. Did they tell you how old he was?

This will be a good resource for you https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Im not sure what suplements he was on and they told us about 2 years old what does pufffy eye usally mean?

Sometimes it can indicate incorrect supplementation. What supplements are you using now or did they give you?
Im not sure cuerntly at work ill ask my girlfriend what they gave her shes more been taking care of him at her house i juat want to do resreach and get info on building and such but also very much appecate any help i can get on care for them ill ask her and get back to you

Sometimes it can indicate incorrect supplementation. What supplements are you using now or did they give you?
They didnt give us suplemnets and i talked to the vet i work with and shes giving me good brands for him thank you for pointing out his eyes for me

I saw acouple people on youtube using spray foam for a backing is that safe to use as a backing for the encloser?
There are safe ways, and unsafe ways. I'd watch a lot more of those videos, and spend some time in the archives to learn how to do it right.

Personally, I chose a different path. I installed ceiling egg crate in the back of my enclosure, and I have climbing vines ( Tradescantia zebrina & Hedera helix ) growing up that. It provides a safe place for both climbing & hiding.

There are safe ways, and unsafe ways. I'd watch a lot more of those videos, and spend some time in the archives to learn how to do it right.

Personally, I chose a different path. I installed ceiling egg crate in the back of my enclosure, and I have climbing vines ( Tradescantia zebrina & Hedera helix ) growing up that. It provides a safe place for both climbing & hiding.
I like this, im currently drawing up blueprints 4 my dragonstrand and i think i wanna do something like that but i only have pothos and ivy.

Last edited:

What do u mean by ceiling egg crates?
Ive never heard of that before

Back
Top Bottom