Bugs and new enclosure shopping

CamoChameleonsHuman

Chameleon Enthusiast
Got 50 supers, 200 crickets, and 25 red runners (crossing fingers I don't set these free). Also Jellybeans' 2x2x4 will be here tomorrow so today it's time to go to Lowes to go pothos/ficus, plant light bulbs, and cricket bin shopping. Also a quick trip to Michaels for some variety of different size wooden dowels. Exciting! Rubbing it in the faces of @Beman and @JoXie411 and @Daesie11

Got 50 supers, 200 crickets, and 25 red runners (crossing fingers I don't set these free). Also Jellybeans' 2x2x4 will be here tomorrow so today it's time to go to Lowes to go pothos/ficus, plant light bulbs, and cricket bin shopping. Also a quick trip to Michaels for some variety of different size wooden dowels. Exciting! Rubbing it in the faces of @Beman and @JoXie411 and @Daesie11
Careful... I had a bug eat it's way out of the wood I got from Michael's... Yeah I was not happy... I am not sure if it came out of the willow or the shorter curly stuff because they both look the same https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/ahhhh-what-is-this-help-identify.169585/

I would warn against rubbing it in my face, you're only a short 2 hour drive from me and then all I have to do is ask around about the weirdo with all the reptiles. Hide yo chams, hide yo bugs, cuz I'm comin for ya
Omg this made me giggle to hard :ROFLMAO: I love starting me day with a good laugh

Oh also, I got all my dowels from Home Depot for crazy cheap. Might want to consider that over Michael's considering those will be priced up because they are marketed for crafts

Same for me I get my regular dowel rods from home depot. Rest of my wood I grab from hobby lobby for the most part. I've been trying to make time to go out of my mosquito spray area stick hunting lol. Get some pretty odd looks from people while dragging branches longer then I am tall up the hiking trails :ROFLMAO: .

Just don't buy the bug infested wood... :(

That's interesting as I'm sure Michael's and hobby lobby share a supplier some where in the chain of things. I've not had any odd things come out of my hobby lobby sticks though, yet.... lol.

Same for me I get my regular dowel rods from home depot. Rest of my wood I grab from hobby lobby for the most part. I've been trying to make time to go out of my mosquito spray area stick hunting lol. Get some pretty odd looks from people while dragging branches longer then I am tall up the hiking trails :ROFLMAO: .

That's interesting as I'm sure Michael's and hobby lobby share a supplier some where in the chain of things. I've not had any odd things come out of my hobby lobby sticks though, yet.... lol.
Omg thanks for reminding me about hobby lobby.... shopping spree :love: :love:

Well I went to Home Depot, both Lowes, 3 different local nurseries and no one has crap for tropicals. The only thing that caught my eye was a hibiscus bush but I'm not sure how well that will do with being in a pot and being misted 4min a day?

Also Red Runners are huge and nasty FYI

Well I went to Home Depot, both Lowes, 3 different local nurseries and no one has crap for tropicals. The only thing that caught my eye was a hibiscus bush but I'm not sure how well that will do with being in a pot and being misted 4min a day?

Not very well without watering it regularly to add to the mist (assuming mistking style mist head?). ~17 min a day with two of this style mist head allowing water to build in the plant box over the week is enough with no additional watering though (assuming strong lighting is used).
Screenshot_2019-06-12-14-30-23.png

Well let me tell you it sure shocked the heck outa me... I had to remove the stick because I could not get it to come out when I was using a syringe to try to drown it out. Then I had to saw it in half and pound it on the pavement... It was a whole production... Becca VS evil bug.

Well let me tell you it sure shocked the heck outa me... I had to remove the stick because I could not get it to come out when I was using a syringe to try to drown it out. Then I had to saw it in half and pound it on the pavement... It was a whole production... Becca VS evil bug.

That had to have been funny to watch as a bystander :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Was this the bug you posted about last week (I think it was last week?) ?

That had to have been funny to watch as a bystander :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . Was this the bug you posted about last week (I think it was last week?) ?
Yeah that was the bug I posted about... My mother thought I had lost my mind as I was cutting all the zip ties to try to remove it...
Then I went out and hacked down a bunch of branches that are currently drying out after scrubbing them. I plan on removing all the questionable Michael's branches. I don't think I can handle another one eating its way out of a branch... Too much for my little heart to take with my perfectionist side freaking out over his enclosure.
Since I am not bio active any weird bugs are not welcome in Beman's home LOL

Yeah that was the bug I posted about... My mother thought I had lost my mind as I was cutting all the zip ties to try to remove it...
Then I went out and hacked down a bunch of branches that are currently drying out after scrubbing them. I plan on removing all the questionable Michael's branches. I don't think I can handle another one eating its way out of a branch... Too much for my little heart to take with my perfectionist side freaking out over his enclosure.
Since I am not bio active any weird bugs are not welcome in Beman's home LOL

Lol, from what I remember of that thread not sure I'd want it in my bio cages either though tbh.

Back
Top Bottom