BSFL turned to a moth

CryptKeeper

this ever happe ? What similar larvae turns to moths? All the BSFL been turning to flies but there’s one small moth in there lol

Im guessing its not a BSFL...

Happened all the time with my green banana roaches. There was lots of "things" in there that were green and had six legs, that the family put in thinking it was an escapee.

Im guessing its not a BSFL...

Happened all the time with my green banana roaches. There was lots of "things" in there that were green and had six legs, that the family put in thinking it was an escapee.
Haha yeah I assume so too. I guess he can eat him though right? And I never heard of green banana roaches you feed them to your Cham? I’d like a bigger variety for mine. His staple is crickets and dubia. I feed him wax worms super worms and I’m gonna add BSFL as a staple but the last ones I ordered from dubia.com they tuned into the pupate stage within 1 day. It was the free batch though that you get for like $3 so I’m assuming maybe that’s why? Idk weather I should order more BSFL from them again

Haha yeah I assume so too. I guess he can eat him though right? And I never heard of green banana roaches you feed them to your Cham? I’d like a bigger variety for mine. His staple is crickets and dubia. I feed him wax worms super worms and I’m gonna add BSFL as a staple but the last ones I ordered from dubia.com they tuned into the pupate stage within 1 day. It was the free batch though that you get for like $3 so I’m assuming maybe that’s why? Idk weather I should order more BSFL from them again
They LOVE the flys!

Totally they are the ugliest moths I’ve seen haha
Haha indeed they are. Someone at the pet store by me said they turn to beetles lol I was like yea I don’t think so. She’s kinda weird she keeps dead animals and bugs in a bin there. I asked what the horned worm moths look like she says hold on I’ll show you. Pulls out this Tupperware and has a dead one in there with dead lizards and snake skins and all sorts of weird stuff 😂

Haha indeed they are. Someone at the pet store by me said they turn to beetles lol I was like yea I don’t think so. She’s kinda weird she keeps dead animals and bugs in a bin there. I asked what the horned worm moths look like she says hold on I’ll show you. Pulls out this Tupperware and has a dead one in there with dead lizards and snake skins and all sorts of weird stuff 😂
I think meal worms are the ones that pupate into beetles. That’s hilarious though

Any advice on how to get the bsfl to turn into flies?
I just leave them be in the same con tainer where I feed the larvae with veg in the coco coir. Once a week add more larvae for a steady supply. Eventually the coir gets soggy ( but never smells) so I dump it on the garden for enrichment and start a new batch.

Back
Top Bottom