Bruises?

I'm using my laptop for pictures rn. I'm grounded and not allowed to use my better device rn TvT. I can take more pics when my phone is available

There are alot of things that need to be changed. Food, lighting, supplements. UVB is most important. I understand that not everything can be changed right now. But, the UVB is $13. If you can change that now, that's good. Then, you can change. over time.

We can go over with you everything that needs to be changed so you can know what to change

WIN_20201120_18_27_06_Pro.jpg

This is his enclosure

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Mobi is a Veiled Cham, a Male, and I'm not sure of the age. We've had him for about a month. Does he have tarsal spurs? Has it been confirmed that it is a male?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
I'll hold him for a short amount of time each day since he seems to like it. He turns bright green when in my hands. I'll hold him for longer on weekends.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
I feed Mobi 5-6 mealworms a day. 3 in the morning, 2-3 before his lights go out. I don't gut-load, but I'll get Father to consider it. When he's out of living worms, I'll give him freeze-dried.
Mealworms are not good for chameleons. You need to switch to dubia roaches, superworms, black soldier fly larvae. (Buy small since he is a baby) Gut loading is important for nutrients. Since you are not supplementing, UVB, gut loading, or feeding the correct food; Unfortunately your baby isn't getting the correct nutrients.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
I don't dust, but I'll get Father to consider that too. Supplementing is also essential to get all of their vitamins and nutrients. You will need to get a calcium supplement with d3, without d3, and a reptile vitamin without d3.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I just put fresh bottled water in a water bowl. I mist frequently, but I am now going to only do it in the morning and evening. I spray about 5-6 times. I've spotted him drinking a few times, and the water goes down frequently so I know he's drinking.
Chameleons do not drink from water bowls, but spraying is good. You only need to spray 2-4 times a day.
Faecal Description - Briefly note colours and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
His droppings are always the same colour as human stool. No, he has not been to the vet before.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
He's clumsy, and will drop off sometimes, but not really far down. He'll also raise his arms in the air sometimes. This is a sign of aggression and stress when they lift their arms up. They shouldn't fall regularly, how is he falling?

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Glass cage with a screen top. Tall rectangle, 4 sides.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
I'm not sure of the brand, but it's a basking light and UVB light. Lights on at about 8:00 AM and lights off at about 8:00 PM Lights should be run 12 hours during the day and off 12 hours at night. The correct UVB to use is the linear reptisun t5 5.0. What basking bulb do you use? What is it's the temp?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
I'm not sure about the temperature, but it is warmer in the day and cooler at night. If you don't have a thermometer, you will need to get one to measure the temps. The temp is cool at night, and higher during the day though.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Same for temp.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
No live plants, just artificial vine and dry moss.
The species of chameleon that you own eat plants, you will need to switch to all live plants. If your cham were to eat the fake plants, she could be seriously harmed. Also, the moss is not safe for chameleons. Get sticks from the yard and wash them with dawn dish soap, and place them horizontally.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
In the corner of the study, on top of a table. It's about 4-5 feet high.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Houston, TX

Current Problem - Small black splotches occasionally on the Cham's sides and/or legs.

This is my feedback. I am going to put some charts to follow. These things need to be changed ASAP.

Chameleons can only eat live insects. Unfortunately, human food will be toxic to them. If they see that it is not moving, they may not eat it.

Did you read the review I put? It goes over all of the changes that need to be made. UVB and Food/Supplements are the most important.

So you will need to feed these fruits and veggies to the feeders before giving them to the cham. This is the gutloading process

Back
Top Bottom