Bruises?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Mobi is a Veiled Cham, a Male, and I'm not sure of the age. We've had him for about a month.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
I'll hold him for a short amount of time each day since he seems to like it. He turns bright green when in my hands. I'll hold him for longer on weekends.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
I feed Mobi 5-6 mealworms a day. 3 in the morning, 2-3 before his lights go out. I don't gut-load, but I'll get Father to consider it. When he's out of living worms, I'll give him freeze-dried.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
I don't dust, but I'll get Father to consider that too.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I just put fresh bottled water in a water bowl. I mist frequently, but I am now going to only do it in the morning and evening. I spray about 5-6 times. I've spotted him drinking a few times, and the water goes down frequently so I know he's drinking.
Faecal Description - Briefly note colours and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
His droppings are always the same colour as human stool. No, he has not been to the vet before.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
He's clumsy, and will drop off sometimes, but not really far down. He'll also raise his arms in the air sometimes.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Glass cage with a screen top. Tall rectangle, 4 sides.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
I'm not sure of the brand, but it's a basking light and UVB light. Lights on at about 8:00 AM and lights off at about 8:00 PM
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
I'm not sure about the temperature, but it is warmer in the day and cooler at night.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Same for temp.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
No live plants, just artificial vine and dry moss.
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
In the corner of the study, on top of a table. It's about 4-5 feet high.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Houston, TX

Current Problem - Small black splotches occasionally on the Cham's sides and/or legs.

Last edited:
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Mobi is a Veiled Cham, a Male, and I'm not sure of the age. We've had him for about a month.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
I'll hold him for a short amount of time each day since he seems to like it. He turns bright green when in my hands. I'll hold him for longer on weekends.I would say only a few times a week at the most
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
I feed Mobi 5-6 mealworms a day. 3 in the morning, 2-3 before his lights go out. I don't gut-load, but I'll get Father to consider it. When he's out of live worms, I'll give him freeze-dried. No meal worms and only love bugs and you must gutload them. This is a necessity no matter what your parents say so you need to figure that out
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
I don't dust, but I'll get Father to consider that too. Again, a necessity or your cham will get sick and die. You need calcium without d3, calcium with d3, and a multivitamin. One u get those we will talk abt a schedule.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
I just put fresh bottled water in a water bowl. I mist frequently, but I am now going to only do it in the morning and evening. I spray about 5-6 times. I've spotted him drinking a few times, and the water goes down frequently so I know he's drinking. No water bowl. And yes cut down to misting in morning and at night.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
His droppings are always the same colour as human stool. No, he has not been to the vet before. what color is the urate, it should be white with a little yellow maybe.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
He's clumsy, and will drop off sometimes, but not really far down. He'll also raise his arms up in the air sometimes.So this may be an issue, he should not fall all the time if ever. Please take a clear picture of his entire body including elbows.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Glass cage with a screen top. Tall rectangle, 4 sides. How tall and how wide, I need numbers. And screen is also recommend
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
I'm not sure of the brand, but it's a basking light and UVB light. Lights on at about 8:00 AM and lights off at about 8:00 PM What type of uvb, it should be a linear t5 5.0 is recommended. I'll attach picture
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
I'm not sure about the temperature, but it is warmer in the day and cooler at night. Ok babe... you need a thermometer asap and a hygrometer but we need temps most importantly right now.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Same for temp. Again, you need a hygrometer to measure this and do you have a dripper?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
No live plants, just artificial vine and dry moss. Ok, you need live plants, it's really really recommended, I need a poc of enclosure lights to floor
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
In the corner of the study, on top of a table. It's about 4-5 feet high.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Houston, TX

Current Problem - Small black splotches occasionally on the Cham's sides and/or legs.

Attachments

• 16059171007341498393478395365336.jpg
    16059171007341498393478395365336.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 52
If you can not make these changes then you might want to consider keeping this animal, this is not disrespect but there are very specific things that this animal needs no matter what you parent says. If these are not changed then it will die, period

Thanks for all of this info... But it seems expensive. we're low on money atm, but I will try to persuade parents into saving as much up as they can for these items. I'll gut-load and dust the food, and if not water bowl, what do I use for water??

Thanks for all of this info... But it seems expensive. we're low on money atm, but I will try to persuade parents into saving as much up as they can for these items. I'll gut-load and dust the food, and if not water bowl, what do I use for water??
A dripper that's why I asked if you had one. But please try to make these changes bc in the end, it's the cham that suffers

Chameleons do not drink from water bowls, most of them anyways

I'll make sure the cham is good. And if my cham will eat fruits and veg by themselves, do I still have to gut-load?
Yes because if you dont then how are your bugs staying alive lol? And that's what makes them nutritious, that's what really important when keeping a cham, is making sure they have the nutrients and vitamins they need. Try getting crickets instead of meal worms

Back
Top Bottom