Breeding Jackson Chameleons

Wow here is a good case or where a picture is really important.:rolleyes:

LOL...Too bad they didn't mate...maybe the start of a new hybrid.:eek:

I was wondering though if one of you chams isn't gravid already. Brown girl?;)
What does the rest of the forum think?:p

Nice Chams either Way

OPI

Haha, Im laughing Sancho. EVer get that worked out? :)

So what color is the female normally? Every pic I see, Im seeing green females? Mine is brown and has been since the day she arrives..dark. At night she is light tan with dots down her side..but I have never seen her green.

Crap, I think I just got BMX and TBS or something confused... Sorry.. People keep changing names!!

So, cmon, someone has to know.. Is my girl normal for being brown all the time? I have put her in als cage to see if Brown means receptive and he gets so pretty but Peggy starts swaying and hissing so I remove her instantly.. But all the pics I look up shows green females and says she will TURN brown if not receptive..Mine is never ever green...so Im confused...

Hm I'm not too sure. When I got my female Jackson she was a very vivid brown. She was store bred and the whole time she was brown. After a week she began to turn more and more green and now she's a beautiful emerald colored green. I've yet to breed her with one of my males so I haven't seen her go brown since.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334008880.281614.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334008880.281614.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 179
Estimating age

I have 4 Jacksons 2 males and 2 females. I would like to introduce the larger male to the larger female, but i want to be sure they are old enough to breed. I have read 9 months to a year, but i have no idea how old mine are. Anyone have any idea how to estimate age? My veiled just laid her first clutch of eggs , 60 of them!! I about had heart failure hoping she wouldnt become egg bound! I have NOT introduced her to a male yet either!

to Black Betty

My females were brown too when i first got them. They both had been housed with males. As soon as I got them home I separated them into their own reptariums with ample UVB, food and supplements. they are both green now altho not as vivid as my males . Chameleons do not like to be handled and are more the"" Look but DONT touch kind of pet.they should NOT be housed together or too close. I put paper between my reptariums, so they dont get stressed.

Back
Top Bottom