Breeding Jackson Chameleons

BMXICAN

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I have a question I was hoping someone could answer.
I have 3 jackson chameleons, one male and two females.
The females are in a seperate cage from the male. They are all about a year old. I had the male before the females (I got the girls three weeks ago).

My question is, how do I get them to mate? I know my male i all about it, but when I put one of the females in the cage, she gets all territorial and gaps her mouth, sayiong no. So I remove her and wait a week and try again. Same results. I've tried about 4 times with no sucess.

I thought of leaving her in the cage with him for awhile, but I'm worried she will bite him.

My other female jackson runs from my male. And my male dosen't even try to seek her out.

Is there anything I can do to make them feel more comfortable or something?
Thanks,

BMXICAN

Instead of putting into the your males cage you may consider moving the male into the females cage. being move from cage to cage is stressful. she may remain more receptive if you move the male into her cage.;)

also I have heard of people keeping females together but you may still want to separate them. Jackson are solitary creatures coming together only by chance to do their thing and then part.:D

Other options to are put the cages together and see if they are nice to each other. for the most part like humans some mix and some don't, sometimes its a good time and sometimes it ain't.....;)

Hope that helps....
OPI

I had much better luck introducing the male into the female cage. When I tried it the other way around he got really nasty that I was going to take away his lady. He is very territorial in his enclosure.

But that's just my chams.

You might want to consider the female who wants nothing to do with him is already pregnant. I dont know the source or background of where you got them but just a thought. Like opi said to is try putting the cages together. I would start by letting them see each other and slowly moving them closer with in a few days or so. If you see any stress from the female though go back to total isolation. Opi I dont think you need to take that post back, like Jann said, hers was easier the opposite way. I guess it just depends on the cham but it is a GENERAL rule to introduce the female to the males cage.

Dude your name is cracking me up. BMXICAN hahahahahahaha that is awesome. Im a skateboarder myself.

You can try to start competition between the females by leaving all three in the same enclosure and see if that works. Sometimes heavy rain for long periods of time will trigger breeding attempts.

Camilla02.jpg

off topic but I had a question

You can try to start competition between the females by leaving all three in the same enclosure and see if that works. Sometimes heavy rain for long periods of time will trigger breeding attempts.

Camilla02.jpg

Off topic but, Dean is the picture of your female gravid....

I have been looking for good pictures or examples of gravid females?

Thanks

OPI

well they better tell my female that because shes gravid again and did not mate after she birthed the last bunch

well they better tell my female that because shes gravid again and did not mate after she birthed the last bunch

hahaha! Just had to comment on the last comment. That was too funny!

You stated above that you have only had the females for 3 weeks and have tried once a week to put them with the male and are on your 4th attempt....? So you put them straight in with your boy when you got them? Part of this deal maybe extreme stress from the move and not giving them any time to adjust before putting them into another stressful situation. Also, I believe you should quarantine. I do with all my animals. There are too many illnesses and parasites that can be transmitted....

Damn, thanks for all the responses.
OK, I have tried introducing my male into the females cage, I've tried introducing the female into his cage, either way it dosen't work.
She flares out and get's territorial and so does he eventually.

My other female, I want to say she is pregnant too, as when I bought both the females, they where in a cage with an older jackson male. So I'm almost positive she is pregnant, just by her actions.

Funny thing is, the other female, if I seperate her from my male, they both search for each other. They are in seperate cages put they like to look at each other or something. If I put a visual barrier between cages, my male especially, starts crawling all over the place in search for a glimpse at her.

Yesterday actually, when I was cleaning his cage, I set his tree near her cage and he wastrying to get onto it, displaying very bright colors and then when I thought he was pooping blood for a second, I realized it was his genitales being exposed (AKA red rocket).

Anyway, I'll post some pics here soon. Thanks for all the help.

PS: Glad you like BMXICAN, it's been my nickname for who knows how long. Thanks for the help and friendl responses.

Here are some pictures of my girls:

sussyandcami1.jpg

suzi1.jpg

cami1.jpg

The dark one is Suzi and the light green one is Cami.

This is my boy, Chuck Norris. HAHA. (and yes, Suzi is for Suzanne Summers). :D

chuck1.jpg

This one is of today:

DSC00905.jpg

Thanks for the interest and input!

yup for not a jackson... Is it a werners or a flapjack?? I cant get a close look on the flap to tell, but he looks a lot like a flapjack....
Who did you get them from?? Hopefully not the same source I got my "jackson" from lol!

Damn, that really really sucks. I just bought two jackson females for no reason at all. HAHA, crap. Guess I need to buy a male jackson now... or a female werner. Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom