Branches changing

Sailouchai

Hey so I've had my chameleon for a little bit more than 3 years now and from time to time the branches in the enclosure get really humid and tend to break or become soft, now I change all of them reddo the whole enclosure but It doesnt feel practical, so my question is, is there anything we can spray the branches with like a sealer or a protectant so that doesnt happen that is safe for the chameleon?, something that keeps the branches from getting humid and breaking so easily

No, there really isn't. You can try to use more of the harder woods like birch branches. I do not take the bark off of mine and they will still deteriorate over time just because of the moisture we add to our enclosures. I notice that my most common areas of breakdown are those right below the misting heads.

No, there really isn't. You can try to use more of the harder woods like birch branches. I do not take the bark off of mine and they will still deteriorate over time just because of the moisture we add to our enclosures. I notice that my most common areas of breakdown are those right below the misting heads.
Oh okay, I was just being curious but okay I usually use branches that I find on the floor but Ill take a look at those birch branches thank you

Back
Top Bottom