Bradypodion thamnobates

Ryan Jarosek

They are here and I watched them eat. I will try and get some better pics but I wanted to post some I took after I removed them from the box.

There is a UPS story to go with it , Actually positive that I will tell in another thread.

Can't wait to see everyones

Female

IMG_7961.jpg

Male

IMG_7964.jpg

I'll take 20. Those are so small and cute, but so colorful!

Looking forward to seeing more pictures. :D

Very cool Ryan! Didn't realize how small they were going to be.

Hey-will your amazing water crystals work on these guys?:rolleyes:

Glad they got there alright!!!!:) I knew that girl was going to shed LOL! She had just a little spot on the top of her nose when I packed her up. Enjoy them, Ryan!!!!

I enjoyed hearing about them this past weekend.... nice to see some pics to go with the talk! :D They are awesome!

Congrats :)

Congrats Ryan! I love the female with the shed on her. Can't wait to see her pretty new skin. I'll be the last to receive them today. I'm at the end of the UPS route here and it will be towards the end of the afternoon. Can't wait to see my 2.2. I'm trying to keep busy so time passes. I was telling Jared that I have some small silkworms that the Uthmoelleri and Laterispinis have been getting for treats. I'm anxious to see if the Thamnobates like them too. It's always fun to get a new chameleon. But it's even more fun to share that as part of a group getting them together. Never really done that before. Look forward to sharing experiences with you all :p Thanks again for the pictures Ryan!

Nice chams they look good after all transport.

Are you sure you have a male, do you have more pictures?

I can get some tonight. What am I looking for , when sexing these ?

Hey Ryan. Males have a nice bulge to them however I have heard they are hard to sex when younger. With the bigger males I can see the bulge but it is not very significant yet. The other ones, honestly, I cant tell:eek: I trust the supplier marked the containers accordingly;):) If there is a mistake by me or the supplier it will be taken care of. Unless someone isnt speaking up I have yet to complete a transaction without the person being 100% satisfied and I intend to keep it that way:) If the ones I am unsure about are in fact females then we have A LOT of them.

I will be heading to band practice shortly. Give me a call if you need to speak with me.

Thanks ! no worries at all. I am sure we will figure it out.

They are really nice I can tell you that much. I just had a chance to look in on them and they are looking really good.

Just got mine :)

I just got my 2.2 settled in. They are doing the "look skinny to hide behind a branch" routine right now. I'm not going to bother with pictures today. One of the males has a very prominent bulge under the tail. I've never seen a bulge on something so tiny. These guys make Dino, my Laterispinis, look big. The bigger male with the bulge hissed and gaped at me. He showed me a little color too. Very cute. Got to go watch them for awhile :p

the easiest way is indeed to look at the hemipenal bulge, and this is actually present when they are quite young. Further the casque of the males can be more developed.

Back
Top Bottom