Concerns about nose spot

finalflash

So this is my newest Panther… so he eats well a mix of roaches. Silks and crickets drinks well and poops look really good ..x he was a reptile show impulse buy lol but no regrets lol so he was shedding some wen I got him but he has a spot on his nose I’m sure if it’s cause for concern… it’s a small black spot/ dot not sure if from a rub say form show transport but is is just there …here are some pictures that tell a better story…the one head on is you zoom in it’s on the right… thoughts?? Watch and wait?

Attachments

• IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4781.jpeg
    IMG_4781.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 41
Possibly from rubbing... I am not seeing a major cause for concern. With him being from a reptile show I would make sure to get a fecal tested though.

Good point so hate to ask a dumb question but a reptile fecal Like say a dog fecal where you can drop off some fresh poop to be tested?

Good point so hate to ask a dumb question but a reptile fecal Like say a dog fecal where you can drop off some fresh poop to be tested?
Thats correct. You'll need an exotic vet specifically with chameleon care experience. Not all reptile vets know about chameleons. Let us know if you need help finding one in your area.

Also welcome! He is a beautiful boy!

Any vet should be able to do fecal tests, they just may need to send it in for the results. Some vets you can drop off samples while others want to do a wellness check along with the fecal test.

Update on Mr Bean Aka Jellybean and his black nose spot... after a shed and the spot is all gone looking good growing and working on those colors!...woohoo ...although not happy with me for daring to do a little cleaning this morning lol

Mr Bean.jpeg

Update on Mr Bean Aka Jellybean and his black nose spot... after a shed and the spot is all gone looking good growing and working on those colors!...woohoo ...although not happy with me for daring to do a little cleaning this morning lol

View attachment 343132
This is awesome! Good to hear. And he is beautiful! Look at those colors :love:

yea I'm happy he's happy its a good day all around lol
yea he is trying to show off some of his big boy colors seems like he changes a little every day

yea I'm happy he's happy its a good day all around lol
yea he is trying to show off some of his big boy colors seems like he changes a little every day
My little guy is going on 5 months tomorrow and I am going through the same thing. I am learning new things about him daily and witnessing new behavior almost on a daily basis. I watch him all day at work on my work PC so that helps lol But I know what you mean, he's growing and changing so fast!

oh i know new colors and behaviors are crazy....
its amazing to me how different the individual panthers are and how different they are from say my Jackson or veiled...
I work remote most of the week so i get to do a lot of watching lol and it is really crazy what individuals they are

Right!? My panther is absolutely nothing like my veiled! They are almost polar opposites.

It's really crazy. My female veiled was all about climbing on me immediately. She would get right on my hand from the beginning. And she would seem totally cool with it. I could easily remove her from her enclosure, put her on a tree outside her enclosure while I cleaned/worked on her enclosure.

Spike? LOL if I put my hand near him he will puff up, immediately start turning orange, and open his mouth and start hissing. And I'm taking WAY better care of Spike than I did Max <3. Unfortunately, she was my first chameleon and I had to learn everything as I was going. But yeah she was a sweetheart to me despite me being a terrible keeper to her. Spike couldn't care any less lol He's like "just make sure the feeders are full and the lights are on buddy" :ROFLMAO: we're working on it though

She was also had a way larger appetite for various bugs than he does.

The same here with my current veiled she will eat any and all things and is super sociable... which is funny as my other veiled a few years ago was a male and a total buthead he was free range between a big Ficus and a corn plant connected by some sticks/vines and seemed to tolerate me only as i supplied food and water...it was very rare that he allowed himself to be held but was fine being hand fed so yea lol
Mr. Bean and Stewart are not real happy with the hand in their zone unless it has a treat ...
but once out they patrol around a bit maybe up one arm down the other on the head off the head then pick a sport and then are very sociable.

Back
Top Bottom