Bradypodion thamnobates and transvaalense import 02/24/2011

Cainschams

Alright ladies, here are some more pics for you. Just quick snap shots of them coming right out of the containers. Not all of them were having it so its not every single one but most of them. My camera skills just dont do them justice. They are so vibrant colored!!! Nice, plump, healthy little chameleons. Gotta give it up to my German friends for giving me another opportunity to get some more of these awesome animals. We are looking at another shipment in the near future. More thamnobates, transvaalense and hopefully setaroi this time!!

Bd. thamnobates.
002-6.jpg

003-5.jpg

005-9.jpg

009-2.jpg

Bd. transvaalense.
015-1.jpg

026-3.jpg

027-3.jpg

030-4.jpg

033-1.jpg

041-3.jpg

043-1.jpg

018-4.jpg

035-4.jpg

And of course my favorite. A pissy little male.
013-6.jpg

Fantastic looking animals man. They look awesome esp considering they are fresh outta the box. That one in the 2nd pic is magnificent. Good luck with em Jared. And of course keep the pics comin man...:D

Oh Jared they all look great. That is cuteness overload for sure. I am remaining strong to just my three species - well so at least.:eek:

thanks Jared for posting some wonderful animals.
also some thanks to all the wonderful people overseas who helped in getting them here to the US.

Harry

Are they not just awesome??? Now they are mostly all dark trying to soak up some heat!!

For those who asked, I do have some "extras". I didnt get the number I would have liked so they wont come cheap:eek:

I will have an ad up at some point so please do not ask prices. Wait for the ad or PM me if interested. This thread is just to show the quality, give credit, make you guys jealous:p:D and above all show the absolute badassity of these guys!!

Great looking chams! I liked that second pic too. Is the husbandry similar to any of the more common species?

Looks good Cain! Hey I was looking for you on Scared Straight last night.
They had a Hagerstown episode! You were spawned in Hagerstown,right?
What are the prices on those little boogers? P.m me if it's top secret.

Looks good Cain! Hey I was looking for you on Scared Straight last night.
They had a Hagerstown episode! You were spawned in Hagerstown,right?
What are the prices on those little boogers? P.m me if it's top secret.

LOL!!! I was spawned in WV but Hagerstown was where I was living for about 8 years. Back in the Ohio Valley now, which is a bummer but is what needs to be.

Ill PM you.

They live in shrubs, gardens and hedges. In the warmer months habitat is around high 50s to mid 80s and the cooler months temps are around low 50s to high 60s but can reach below freezing. Basking spot should be around 85. These species would do well for me spring through fall housed outdoors. They can be housed in groups in well planted large cages but of course monitoring them, just as any communal species, for aggression and dominance is a must. They are very susceptible to respiratory infection from poor ventilation and also prone to mold/fungus issues. Letting the cages dry out properly is a must and also proper drainage in plants so you do not get fungus gnats breeding in them etc.

My German friends consider them rather hardy. They do see a wide range of temps in the wild and besides the mold, fungus and respiratory issues that are avoidable I would have to agree.

They can be picky feeders but all of them are tearing up house flies and crickets as we speak!

I really enjoy seeing uncommon (at least to me) species! It's probably best we don't get a great variety of imports around here though.... Really dry & cold most of the year. BRRRR lol

The emotions are over whelming! I like you, I hate you, I'm happy for you and I'm jealous all at the same time!:p

Just kidding, those guys are bad a** , congrats. Now wheres my tempeli lol

Jim, you can keep them in terrariums;) They are dwarf chameleons:p With your weather it would seem you could do well with cooler weather species. Its easier to heat up a room than cool it with an AC. I block my room off from the whole house. This time of year my animals get very low night time temps and the summers arent too hot for the most part for me. I utilize the basement here when it does get too hot though.

LMAO, Jessica! "I like you, I hate you," this seems to be the norm:D

Here is a good article that probably helps explain keeping them a little better than I can;)

Back
Top Bottom