Boy or girl ?

Denaixoxo

I still don’t know if this is a male or female and I’ve had my chameleon since April

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 132
Can you show a photo of the while chameleon please?
It’s the same one that I thought was gravid but never laid eggs and I’m still it sure about the age. I don’t know if you remember about when I was asking what I should do and had to get a bigger cage

I know which one it is...but I couldn't tell in the photos in the other thread..in one photo it looked male and the other maybe female..so I'll just leave it up to someone else to tell you.

Look like a perfect female. Chamaeleo senegaliensis males have fat hemipenal bulges and they also have tarsal spurs as far as I know.

@TCMontium said..."chamaeleo senegaliensis males have fat hemipenal bulges and they also have tarsal spurs as far as I know"...senegwl males do NOT have tarsal spurs and their hemipene bulges are minimal.

@TCMontium said..."chamaeleo senegaliensis males have fat hemipenal bulges and they also have tarsal spurs as far as I know"...senegwl males do NOT have tarsal spurs and their hemipene bulges are minimal.

Really? I thought the male specimens I saw in search of male C. senegaliensis were actually male C. senagaliensis. And a senegaliensis owner mentioned his/her males having tarsal spurs. They must have been different species that look like senegaliensis then.
Could you show us the sources that state C. senegaliensis males not posessing tarsal spurs and having a hardly distinguishable hemipenal bulge? I am on mobile, sadly, so I am sorry for not being able to research throughly.

Yep, it seems like I was looking at C. dilepis males mostly which were falsely labeled as C. senegalensis.
And I suppose the "senegalensis owner" on these forum also owned another species with tarsal spurs.

I have owned Senegal's several times over the 30+ years that I've kept chameleons and have never seen Spurs on the males. The makes have slimmer bodies and a slight hemipene bulg....nothing like a panther for instance.diepis and gracefuls can have tarsal spurs but not always.

I did have a site that explained this all but this is the closest thing I can find right now...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/flapneck/

Back
Top Bottom