Boy or girl?

MGM

Hi can you tell me if my 4m old panther is a male or female? It was sold to me as a boy bur im doubting. The mark on his back was already there they said it was from shedding but i'm almost sure it was a burn (scabs came of and he/she misses some spikes on his back) but it didn't stop me from buying it because I thought it was sad that maybe no one would buy it because of this. I like animals and people that aren't perfect:)
Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_9273.JPG
    IMG_9273.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 140
That's a boy and you are right about the burn. It looks like it's healing. Keep an eye on it for any signs of infection. hopefully it will look better with each shed.

That's a boy and you are right about the burn. It looks like it's healing. Keep an eye on it for any signs of infection. hopefully it will look better with each shed.
Thanks. Yes i'll keep a close eye on it. It looks ok right now, very superficial and nicely closed.

He is still getting used to his new enclosure and is a bit stressed. The first day he ate 10 crickets (size 5 and 6) that I gave to him by holding a cup right in front of him (have him for 6 days now) and now he eats like 2 crickets a day. He loves Buffalo Worms is it okay to feed him this daily or is it better to get him to eat more crickets? Tried to give him a small caterpillar but he seems to be scared of that. Any advise to get him to eat more or do I just have to be patient? I have two feeding cups but he only eats the one with the Buffalo Worms and not the crickets. Thanks so much in advance.

Back
Top Bottom