Blue bottle flies

how to grow hfs on wheatgrass and veggies ?

ewwww they wont just breed in weatgrass and veggies mixed up
i havent tried, but i imagine they would grow fine on wheatgrass and veggies (if you mixed it in with enough rotten liver). one part wheat grass and veggies 99 parts rotten liver (sorry, couldnt resist)

How to offer them so they...

...don't get lost in the cage?

Hey gang,

I just ran into this thread and since this week I got my hands on some fruit flies for the first time... I was wondering how to add them to the cage without them getting lost in there...

Cannot cup feed them cause they "walk" away...

I will keep searching the forum but if anyone could share it would be awesome!

Thanks,
Roberto
(and Vinny!)

Fruit flies... will these be for babies or Pygmys?

I dont think there is a way of controlling them in the enclosure, im sure the chams will hunt them down ok :)

Fruit flies will be of no use to and 18month old panther, he probably wouldnt notice them unless they annoyed him!

You need to get some house flies and blue bottles :D

how to grow hfs on wheatgrass and veggies ?

i havent tried, but i imagine they would grow fine on wheatgrass and veggies (if you mixed it in with enough rotten liver). one part wheat grass and veggies 99 parts rotten liver (sorry, couldnt resist)
I try to avoid rotten meats cause that can increase the risk of coccidia and other certain parasites , but they are attracted to buttermilk . Cant think of it off hand because it has been so long since i have been in the hobby , but i know there is a tek that involves wheatgrass, dry dog food and buttermilk

Back
Top Bottom