Bloody Sperm plug?

Keep us posted ❤️
I for sure will. Luckily he seems just fine other than this. I know they hide their illnesses well though. He is still eating just fine, very active, alert and basking like he normally does. Fingers crossed it isn’t too serious. He’s already been though a lot and I hate it for the little guy.

Going to the vet this afternoon. Have a sample for a fecal. It’s from Tuesday, but has been in the fridge. I was banking on him going again yesterday or today, but saved that one just in case. Will that sample be ok if he doesn’t?

Going to the vet this afternoon. Have a sample for a fecal. It’s from Tuesday, but has been in the fridge. I was banking on him going again yesterday or today, but saved that one just in case. Will that sample be ok if he doesn’t?
I would take it just in case and tell the vet when it was from. I have always been told that 24 hours or newer for most accurate results but since you had it in the fridge maybe it will be recent enough to still process and get an accurate fecal.

Hopefully, he will give you a fresh poop today. From Tuesday, is to old to use for a fecal.

On the way home from the vet. Made a quick pit stop. Vet said his fecal was clear. He looked good overall. He was pleased with the weight and strength he has gained since we last seen him. He gave me some ointment to apply to his vent for five days. He said something has irritated his hemipenis. Whether it be something that somehow got in there, his sperm plug being larger than normal or a small bacterial infection. He said the ointment is an anti inflammatory and antibiotic so whichever of those caused it, this should help. He had a normal sperm plug this morning with his poo so that combined with the fact that everything else is normal, he said he wasn’t too concerned. He said to call in a couple days and let him know how he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom