Blood in urate + sperm plugs

lainezor

Hi everyone. My 2 year old male panther chameleon Floyd pooped today and his urate was coated in blood. The urate itself was nice and white under the blood. I am very concerned. I checked his vent and there is a piece of sperm plug hanging out of him. I am not sure what to do right now. I can say with extreme confidence that all of his enclosure/lighting/etc requirements are met because thy have been verified here before many times. He seems to be alert, showing good bright colours and is eating really well. The poop doesnt have much of an odor to it and everything looks well digested.

I don't have personal experience but.. There was a post a few days ago about a stuck sperm plug. The advice was to give him a warm bath to try and soften it. Keep it lubricated with vasilene so it doesn't get hard and dried. Repeat until you can remove it. If it's really inpacted and you don't feel comfortable a trip to the vet is the next step. I'd also try hornworms to really hydrate him. Maybe he will poop it out.

I had a similar problem with one of my leopard geckos, stuck sperm made his vent bleed. I put Floyd in the shower before posting and I just pulled some of his plug out, the one side seems stuck on one of his hemi penes. I will lube him up and keep a close eye on him/wait for more replies

Back
Top Bottom