Black lines... New color or something more?

codiwatkins

Hey guys! I was gone for the weekend and came home and noticed these new black streaks on Ty.. He hasn't shed since I got him and has grown significantly.. I was thinking maybe he is about to shed and get new colors but wanted to make sure that it isn't something to worry about! I tried to wipe the spots off with a wet q tip with no luck! I'll post the how to ask for help information ASAP! It's a a lot to type on my phone....

Found it all on old thread!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Ty is a 4.5 month old Male Ambilobe Panther that was hatched on 2/2/14 by sunshine chameleons. He has been in my care for 1 month and some change now.
Handling - I take him out almost daily to go outside and hang out on his trees.. I won't take him out if he walks from me or try's to hold onto his branch when I pick him up.
Feeding - He is eating 7-8 0.5-1 inch crickets, 6-7 dubia roaches of various sizes and 1-2 superworms daily.
Supplements - repitcal without D3 daily, reptical with D3 will be used 2 times a month as well as herptivite multivitamin.
Watering - I am using the good old fashioned hand spray method. I spray about 2-3 minutes 3-4 times a day personally and then my boys will randomly give him a spray when they feel like helping out. I have seen him drinking on several occasions.
Fecal Description - lots of poop/urine! Nice and healthy
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - XL reptibreeze 24x24x48. I realize this is a large enclosure for a baby chameleon but I will monitor his intake and output to ensure he is getting enough food!
Lighting - 24" Quad fixtures (1) 6% UVB Arcadia Bulb (22″, 24w)
(3) 6.5K Day Light Bulb (22″, 24w) &Moonlight LEDs. He also has a basking bulb which is a soft 60 watt. Lights on at 7am and lights out at 9pm.
Temperature - His basking spot stays around 82 degrees. My other temp gage is out of battery juice so I don't know what the bottom of the cage is averaging. At night my house stays around 65-70 degrees.
Plants - All live plants- 3 pothos, 1 orchid, 2 ferns, 1 scheffela, and 2 succulents, one is a Echeveria and I can't remember the name of the other one but it is not toxic. I checked!
Placement - The cage is in my living room. The top measures at just over 6 feet.
Location - I am in Texas

Usually when ya see black marks like that they are bruises.. those are strange not the typical ones maybe he scraped against something.. they should go away on there own

Usually when ya see black marks like that they are bruises.. those are strange not the typical ones maybe he scraped against something.. they should go away on there own

Ok good to hear! They are just in such random places and look so strange that I wanted to post and make sure it sans' something weird I had never seen or heard of!

Back
Top Bottom