Black crickets.

Somebody told me that they got a good bite on em. Like I said, I had a small gecko bitten so watch out with over feeding/left over crix in cages.

They do. I was handling one when i first got them and i was caught off guard when one decided to bite me. I quickly looked at the cricket and could not believe the mouth he had. It was freakish. Maybe i can find one with the freakish mouth and post a picture. I have them mixed in with my normal brown crickets. ( cricket wars are going on and the brown ones are not winning)....

After examining some of these crickets to try and take a picture of there mouth, which was kind of hard since i have no camera skills. Grab a full grown male crickets and flip it over and you will see the set of chompers these guys have when there trying to eat!!!!! Try getting a pen and placing it towards its mouth and he will try to bite it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After examining some of these crickets to try and take a picture of there mouth, which was kind of hard since i have no camera skills. Grab a full grown male crickets and flip it over and you will see the set of chompers these guys have when there trying to eat!!!!! Try getting a pen and placing it towards its mouth and he will try to bite it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try and take a pic of them at war tonight. It looks really crazy. Their mouth opens up wide and they stand up and attack. Huge mouths.

Mellers seems to really love them. His favorite food is dubia with crickets coming in second, and he went straight for these things instead of the dubia. I've never seen him move so fast in my life! He was eating them two or three at a time!

I haven't been bitten yet and I've just been grabbing them whichever way my hand happens to get them. Mine won't shut up either! :mad: the dang things are louder!

They do. I was handling one when i first got them and i was caught off guard when one decided to bite me. I quickly looked at the cricket and could not believe the mouth he had. It was freakish. Maybe i can find one with the freakish mouth and post a picture. I have them mixed in with my normal brown crickets. ( cricket wars are going on and the brown ones are not winning)....

I'll try and take a pic of them at war tonight. It looks really crazy. Their mouth opens up wide and they stand up and attack. Huge mouths.

Oh, yeah....there is no way these are coming into my house again.

And, on the "zero mortality" thing, I suspect you just didn't get there in time to see the feeding frenzy that made the corpses vanish. They're killers and cannibals.

Oh, yeah....there is no way these are coming into my house again.

And, on the "zero mortality" thing, I suspect you just didn't get there in time to see the feeding frenzy that made the corpses vanish. They're killers and cannibals.
X2 on the corpses vanishing.

Ha! I didn't think about that. They probably do eat all the dead ones away. Eww. They were actually pretty civil tonight so no pic yet. I'll get one, one of these days...

I had 2 kill and eat another in my chameleon's enclosure...I saw the kill, I saw the "eating", later, there was no evidence of a dead cricket.

They're nasty things.

I got some of these from Rainbow at the Pomona Show and I loved them! I didn't see any dead ones and they were nice and meaty for my Melleri. Even my beardie and leopard gecko loved chasing them around. The only downside I noticed was that they go through Cricket Crack like crazy!!

I just bought some of those crickets i think there called jamaican black crickets. they like to bite and there are huge. but no problems yet.

I managed to get some small black crix today, they just seem to work awesome:) lot less jumping around, easier to catch, i love them:) And they are also half the price as the brown ones.

Can't help ya with that, i bought em at a local reptile shop in hungary. BTW, young veileds can't be overfed right? He just downed 17 of the really small balck crickets, and he seems hungry:)

I bought some off of the guy who is selling $5 per K mealworms on fauna.

I just got to witness two huge females eat a male for no reason. They left half the body just sitting there... ?? Mine don't self clean...

I just bought some of those crickets i think there called jamaican black crickets. they like to bite and there are huge. but no problems yet.

They do bite or stick or something. One got me the other day,,ouch.Good thing is i had some in a cup for weeks and none have died.There definetly a differnt breed.

Back
Top Bottom