Biting rock?

Avallone

My male panther at chameleon will not stop biting this exo terra waterfall(u
PHP:
sed as decor not water) He is eating and is drinking from the looks of his white urates. Please help

PHP:
sed as decor not water) He is eating and is drinking from the looks of his white urates. Please help

What happened with the other thread... Try not to start new threads when you have the same topic in another it gets harder to help...

But to your issue... Fill this out so we can better understand what the problem may behttps://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

I hope we can get this solved because that is kinda strange :confused:

PHP:

If he isn't actually able to get any pieces off it to swallow or doesn't seem to be damaging his teeth this may not be a concern. Is the surface shiny wet looking? He might be trying to "lick" water. Sometimes chams shoot at shiny surfaces thinking they may be water droplets. If it bothers you or you worry about it just remove the fountain as we suggested in your other thread.

If you are gutloading and dusting correctly he shouldn't have any mineral cravings. It could be curiosity and once he figures out the fountain doesn't provide anything he may ignore it.

I think I'd take it out of the cage.

If it's stressing him out, then remove it -- a no brainer really. At best they're a crappy decoration that takes up space in the enclosure, at worst a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Chameleons (for the most part) live in trees, not on the sides of waterfalls. You already started a thread on this. Why another one?

Umm ... there are no minerals in fake waterfall rocks.

True, but the cham doesnt know its fake. ^^ i do belive that they may eat dirt, rock, ect if they felt they may need to and that could be the case. however unless he's very desperate i doubt he'd go after something that large. i think the licking thorey could best explain. iv seen my cham do that before.

I think they're smart enough to know the difference. I'm not sure biting real rocks would give them any minerals anyway. It just doesn't seem like a natural behaviour that would make any sense.

I think they're smart enough to know the difference. I'm not sure biting real rocks would give them any minerals anyway. It just doesn't seem like a natural behaviour that would make any sense.

no they wuddnt bite rocks. they probally eat very little ones. i doubt CB chams would know the diff between them(its all they've ever known). mabey even WC wuddnt. how should they know? for all they know its some new kinda of tasty rock :)why not try it out.

no they wuddnt bite rocks. they probally eat very little ones. i doubt CB chams would know the diff between them(its all they've ever known). mabey even WC wuddnt. how should they know? for all they know its some new kinda of tasty rock :)why not try it out.

I think your missing it... Chams don't eat substrate, rocks, pebbles, etc... On purpose... If they do ANYTHING they lick...

i know but i though that comment was a bit harsh. people dont need to feel bad unless they're doing something terribally wrong. people make little mistakes. yes. take it out. but no need to b grumpy ^^.

If you meant me, I wasn't being grumpy. Too me it's a moot point -- if it's stressing the cham, get it out, no matter what it is. I thought the mineral comment was way off the mark and I said so. Being matter of fact is not being grumpy. When I'm grumpy I don't post -- folks would know the difference.

If you meant me, I wasn't being grumpy. Too me it's a moot point -- if it's stressing the cham, get it out, no matter what it is. I thought the mineral comment was way off the mark and I said so. Being matter of fact is not being grumpy. When I'm grumpy I don't post -- folks would know the difference.

ok, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom