Bite wounds? Open wounds!

ghettomike

I just noticed some fresh and concerning wounds on the upper part of my 4 year old veileds tail. Does anybody know what may have caused these wounds? My first thought is crickets chewing at her, I try not to let too many extra crickets roam around but there is sometimes a straggler or two that don't get eaten. Is there any products that I can or should use on these wounds to promote healing and prevent infection? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 216
Ouch. Have the vet look at those too when you take her in for her eyes. Poor little girl.

Until you get to the vet, you can put Neosporin in the wounds to help prevent infection.

Poor girl.

First thing I would do is put some Neosporin on the chew spots. Next thing is to remove what ever crickets you have running around the cage.

The eye issue's could be cricket related also. They could be attacking the soft skin around the eye's when they are closed.

Carl

I just noticed some fresh and concerning wounds on the upper part of my 4 year old veileds tail. Does anybody know what may have caused these wounds? My first thought is crickets chewing at her, I try not to let too many extra crickets roam around but there is sometimes a straggler or two that don't get eaten. Is there any products that I can or should use on these wounds to promote healing and prevent infection? Thanks in advance.

If you are going to have any loose feeders in your cage you should at least provide a small container with gutload in a sheltered spot. Hunger and crix = damage to your cham as it sleeps. I use a small plastic prescription bottle lying on its side.

Thanks for the advice, I will definately leave some gutload for straggler crickets and get taken care of immediately.

Yes it is, I have had her for 4 years without any problems and all within the last week or so began having these issues.

I like to take a small slice of orange in each cage. that way any stragglers get food and liquid. keeps them from attacking cham. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom