birthing problems

kath

my jackson pickle just had a clutch in May, im prety sure i got her when she was pregnet. 3 live and alot of stillborns or slugs.. im not sure what the differnce is, ( some info on that also please). So when i came home today and went to give her a mist and there on the bottom of the cage is 2 slugs.. or stillborns, they look more like slugs. and she looks like she was still in the process of birthing so i left her alone and as the night goes on she hasnt had anything come out and i can see the hole it looks like a baby is stuck or she cant get it out! oh my god i do not want her to die,im calling the vet in the morning its too late now, her lights turnd off and shes still crawling around trying to poop this thing out!I keep her well and hydrated,and encloser is at the right temp. any advise that can help her threw the night? im so scared im going to wake up and she might die over night.!.. help me and pickle anybody, please.:confused::confused:

I've never had anything like that happen...so all I can say is take it to a vet if it doesn't come out in a short time.

Good luck with her.

how horrible poor thing,let us know what happens,definatly sounds like a vet visit will be needed.good luck with her

Kath I read you post last night, I could not offer any help, but hope all went well. Please let us know. My fingers are crossed.

You don't say if your jacksons is wild caught or captive breed. Assuming that she is wild caught the problem could be associated with the stress of shipping/handling by the exporter/importer from country of origin. Or even parasite infestation. Also, not knowing what your level of experience is with Jacskons chameleons it could be your husbandry techniques such as temperature, feeding, watering, etc. With most sick reptiles raising the temperature helps. I would maintain her at the upper end of the temp. range for this particular species. Definitely get her to a vet as soon as possible. I would call around and ask if they have any experinece with reptiles and if they would be willing to look at her. As an alternative try calling the local zoo in your area (or any zoo) they are generally good sources of information on exotic animals and may have some recomendations on what to do.

Back
Top Bottom