Birth day present for a 13 year old

Sage

What would you get ta 12 year old turning 13 for is birthday? He has a cell phone already and really likes it. thought about the itouch but he really doesn t listen to music tht much.
Any suggestions?:confused:

My 13 yr old son got an iTouch for Christmas this year. He plays games on it all day as if it were a PSP. Music is secondary. His twin sister on the other hand also got an iTouch and she only listens to music - the iTouch is fantastic for many reasons besides music. I have one for travel; I rent movies from Netflix and rip them to my iTouch so when I'm on the road I have games/movies/music to keep me company on the plane. My son loves his iTouch; he has AIM on it as well - it really is a mini PC when you think about it.

Just my $.02 but hope that helps. Another cool gift is the RipStik (if he's into skateboards, etc).

well, im just turned 13, and i got a guitar (i play guitar so idk), and an Iphone. though alot of my friends got bikes, one got an xbox or video games, i also got reptile supplies, and if u dont know what to get him/her, just give him/her the money you would spend on a present. another suggestion is if you know what he/she likes, get something that pertains to it.

My friend is 14,he got an itouch...doesnt even listen to music, just goes on the internet with it and plays games...Just goes to show ya its not only for music:p If he likes cars,get him into RC 1/10th scale, very fun,especially the RC drift ones. You can do alot with em too. Look into it.

ha no more reptiles for him. every1 reptile of his (6) are in his room. i think ill go with the itouch. He used to want a computer but tht will work.:)
thanks

Wow, that for a 13 year old?! I never got anything like that.. I cant imagine my kids being 13 but I dont think I would trust them with something expensive and fragile like an Itouch.. What Did I get? Hm, I think a CD and maybe a friend to stay the night. My how times have changed!

happy Bday!

Wow, that for a 13 year old?! I never got anything like that.. I cant imagine my kids being 13 but I dont think I would trust them with something expensive and fragile like an Itouch.. What Did I get? Hm, I think a CD and maybe a friend to stay the night. My how times have changed!

happy Bday!
You have no idea :D - But that's the fun of having kids - spoiling them is something I'm good at and enjoy!

happy Bday!

I agree! When I was 13 there was no way in HELL my parents were buying me a $300 fragile item!

I think Cain's suggestion of a skateboard is a good one. Get those kids OUTSIDE again!

I agree! When I was 13 there was no way in HELL my parents were buying me a $300 fragile item!

I think Cain's suggestion of a skateboard is a good one. Get those kids OUTSIDE again!

I agree. I think Kids spend way too much time in front of the Tv and computer (Heck, -i- spend way too much time in front of this forum!).. Get him something to get active! Kids are lazier than they should be (not saying YOUR kid is, just generally).. so find something to get him outside.. Get him a skateboard or a basketball hoop, or maybe a razor bike..Heck, if you are gonna spend that much on a phone, get him a cheap dirtbike or BMX..Might end being the next greak extreme Bmx-er! :)

I agree. I think Kids spend way too much time in front of the Tv and computer (Heck, -i- spend way too much time in front of this forum!).. Get him something to get active! Kids are lazier than they should be (not saying YOUR kid is, just generally).. so find something to get him outside.. Get him a skateboard or a basketball hoop, or maybe a razor bike..Heck, if you are gonna spend that much on a phone, get him a cheap dirtbike or BMX..Might end being the next greak extreme Bmx-er! :)

We have an easy fix for that; every hour in front of XBOX, TV, computer, etc must be balanced with an hour outside and OUTSIDE time must be served first. It's easy in Florida though - nice weather takes away all the excuses to be a hermit and stay inside :)

I don't even have an Itouch, lol. I got lame things like board games when I was 13. I agree with a more "active" gift.

If he is into reptiles, how about a book about local fauna (especially herps and bugs, which are abundant in FL) and how to catch, identify, observe and RELEASE the various critters running around? You could get involved and make it a fun project with him and teach him how to keep notes and do sketches in a nature journal. Take him on hikes to nearby natural areas and wildlife hot spots and go herping. Some kids will like this, your average American 13 year old might not. Just try to keep their curiosity alive as long as you can before mainstream media squelches it out of them and turns them into everyone else- materialistic, possessive, addicted to media ideals and sedentary.

Hi, I'm 15 and if your kid is active in sports or just active outside in general I think you should get him/her something that he/she can just relax and waist time with. I know personally I have football every other day for 2 and a half hours year round and when i get home or have a day off i just want to sleep or relax. That's just my opinion.

Relaxing can include a book, not necessarily video games or wasting away in front of the boob tube.. FL weather is beautiful and should be cherished.. Man, Im wishing here in TN it would be nice enough so I could go outside in the AM and enjoy a cup of coffee!!

I understand about wanting to relax.. Why not take him to a local reptile show or something cool like that? My kids (granted they are younger) Love going to the Zoo and Aquarium in Chattanooga especially. Its a 3 hour drive but we do it and its a great FAMILY day. I know 13 year old want to be on their own and get better gift..so then I would suggest money or a giftcard to like Barnes and Noble or even the local petstore so he can buy what he needs..

I think, even though they wont admit it, spending time with the family (especially dad is possible), means a lot to a growing young man..:) How about a fishing expedition or a trip to do some herping?

How about a subscription to Reptiles mag or something that he enkoys (there is a mag for everything nowadays!).

Good luck!

Man I wish I got that kind of stuff for my birthday. My 13th birthday I think I got 5 giftcards to random places (re-gifted and none over 10$ each) and maybe like 50$ cash.

I would suggest money or things that he'd need for his reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom