Birds

Does anyone here have birds? Here are some pictures of mine. I have a lovebird named Mango and 2 cockatiels named Koda and Pepper. I would love to hear about/see pictures of yours if you have any.

Attachments

• MANGO.jpg
    MANGO.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 92
  • MANGO2.jpg
    MANGO2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Koda1.jpg
    Koda1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Pepper1.jpg
    Pepper1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 76
Yes, similar in shape/size. But of course not the same entirly. Kind of like saying they are similar to love birds in shape/size.

Lineolated (linnies) think they are little parrots, in that they hold things with their feet, and some talk. Most of them walk around more than fly, very personable (dont bond to just one person like parrots), fairly quiet

I've got a total of 9 birds. Two cockatiels, Mara and Tori, three budgies, REM, Dandy and Curacao, and five button quail, Runt, Silver, Ollie, and the Twins.

Mara is a nice whiteface pearl hen that we adopted from the Humane Society.

Tori is a cinnamon pearl hen who I have had since I was 11.

Rem is pure white and female (the only pure white budgie I have ever seen), Dandy is dark powder blue and male, and Curacao is a teal/turquoise male.

Runt is a pearled cock, Silver is...silver and a hen :D, Ollie is black and a hen, the Twins are golden pearl hens.

I am incubating button eggs right now.

I have a Cockatiel named Chicken. I brought him home as a baby and he has never once made a normal cockatiel noise. In fact I babysat 2 cockatiels over Christmas and he did not have a clue as to what they were! He says, "Bauk, Bok, Bok...Chicken", and "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...Turkey", and "Come here" with the accompanying call whistle", sings Andy Griffith, imitates the dishwasher sounds, and plays Peekaboo. This is a game he plays by himself or with a person. He says, "Play Peekaboo with Chicken", and then you say, or he says, "Hiiide", where he puts his head under his wing or just down, and then he pops up and says, "PEEkABoo!" Then he laughs! He also says, "Give me Kiss" and imitates a perfect kiss sound!

I have 2 Greys, 1 Mini Macaw, 1 Indian Ringneck, 1 Blue Crown Conure, 1 Nanday Conure, and 1 Sun Conure. Each with their very own personality. I will try and dig up some pictures. :)

I have a Cockatiel named Chicken. I brought him home as a baby and he has never once made a normal cockatiel noise. In fact I babysat 2 cockatiels over Christmas and he did not have a clue as to what they were! He says, "Bauk, Bok, Bok...Chicken", and "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...Turkey", and "Come here" with the accompanying call whistle", sings Andy Griffith, imitates the dishwasher sounds, and plays Peekaboo. This is a game he plays by himself or with a person. He says, "Play Peekaboo with Chicken", and then you say, or he says, "Hiiide", where he puts his head under his wing or just down, and then he pops up and says, "PEEkABoo!" Then he laughs! He also says, "Give me Kiss" and imitates a perfect kiss sound!

Peak-a-boo! too funny! Moe plays peak-a-boo with us, he runs into his little hammock house thing, pokes his head out saying a garbled unclear version of Peakaboo (no one would know that's what he's trying to say unless we interpret) and laughs if we say it with him.

Last edited:
I have 2 Greys, 1 Mini Macaw, 1 Indian Ringneck, 1 Blue Crown Conure, 1 Nanday Conure, and 1 Sun Conure. Each with their very own personality. I will try and dig up some pictures. :)

I am reading Alex and Me right now, and you should too! I am fascinated with greys now.

I am reading Alex and Me right now, and you should too! I am fascinated with greys now.
I would love to! Busy reading a stupid book for an exam at work though. Makes me fall asleep. Can't wait till I can read something for leisure.:)

Back
Top Bottom