Big thanks

Jonasburns

Hey everyone, I know I have not been around much but I just wanted to pop in and leave a happy story for the health clinics.

I spent a lot of time reading the forums before bringing my little friend home, I felt very secure in my ability to take care of him. But as will all new adventures you really feel novice until something bad happens the first time.

In my case it turned out to be an eye infection from either a small piece of Bio Vine coming off in his eye or a cricket leg as it ran over the top of his head.

Vet trip #1 reveals some "brown gunk" in the eye, out that comes and we get a week of meds for the eye. It seem to get better for a bit but quickly worsened and soon both eyes were now closing up. Alarm bells are going off in my head along with visions of Chameleon Forums members telling 50,000 people to GO TO THE VET!! So off I went to see Dr Funk for a second time, turns out he still had dried puss left in the eye so that was pulled out, followed up by a different type of eye drops and oral antibiotics. Only a few mins after the puss came out Mori started tracking my finger with the bad eye so I am pretty sure there was no vision impairment. And despite the fact that I am upset with me for letting it get so out of control I am ecstatic that everything turned out alright.

I have another 1-2 weeks of meds to get through and a trek to track down some nice food stuffs for him as a reward for being such a trooper. But that is a small price to pay.

I am pretty confident in saying that without all the reading I did on these forums and all of the great info supplied here that this incident could have gone a heck of a lot worse.

So a big shout out to everyone here that puts in time and effort to help others. You're hard work does not go unheard and it is most appreciated. Even if you feel like you don't help anyone, you have helped this guy and it means the world to me. :)

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom