Best Substrate and Lighting to use for Veiled Chameleon?

HEy
Here is the one that died set up
The most important thing you need to do absolutely right now is go get a new light that's19 inches across the top of cage...the rwptisun t8 like you were advised above .I have a veiled that was diagnosed this past nov mber of MBD... metabolic bone disease..that light and dusting ur crickets with calcium everyday and doing calcium with vit d on sat in rotation will keep them healthy then you can get better on how the cage is set up later....but do that immediately

image.jpg

The basking light and the misting system came in the mail today and I will set that up tomorrow the rest of the stuff should come either Wednesday or Thursday

After trial and error I final put the misting system in with a duration of 30 seconds and it will go of ever 2 hours

After trial and error I final put the misting system in with a duration of 30 seconds and it will go of ever 2 hours
You’ll want to set it to mist for 2 minutes in the early morning before lights go on and then again right before lights go off. You could add one for mid day if you like and don’t use a dripper. We mist for 2 minutes to help trigger their drinking response and make sure all of the plants have a good amount of water on them for cham to drink. It also helps cham to have an opportunity to clean the eyes. Then the enclosure needs time to dry out to prevent various issues. In the wild, they don’t have so much rain. :)

You have a glass enclosure so every 2 hours is too much and will pool at the bottom and you need the enclosure to dry out in between mistings

I wouldn’t see why it would uvb fixtures usually don’t produce a lot of heat I’d also be careful with the window the sun peaking in could roast your chameleon I’ve heard horror stories of them being next to a window and in a glass tank the heat of the sun shinning in from a window turns the tank into an oven

Next step would be larger enclosure and more foleage for for him to hide his whole body behind he may not use it but just having it helps them not be stressed

So I keep noticing that Houdini wants to get out of his cage whenever I try to take him out he’s runs away from me and he hissed at me is there any way to build trust so I can get him out so you can have fun?

Houdini wanting to get out of the cage would indicate something needs to change in your setup. The fact hes hissing at you and running away means he does not want to have fun.

The best way imo to build trust would be to bowl feed so he associates your hand with food time. Once hes comfortable start trying to hand feed. Just take it alow and be patient.

Back
Top Bottom