Behavior Changes with Lamar

My Chameleon Lamar is about 3- 3 and a half years old. (He was a rescue, so not totally sure of his age) I have had him for 2 and a half years, and he has always been incredibly friendly. I moved to a new home a little more than a month ago, and for the past two weeks or so, I have noticed some behavior changes.
Lamar loves to get out of his cage and walk around. He has always been this way. He typically loves crawling up peoples arm, or hanging out on a chair or bed. He has always been super friendly while out of his cage. He never got scared, changed colors like he felt threatened, or anything. For the past two weeks, when we open the cage and he ventures out, he almost immediately goes very dark and spotted, some colors different than we have ever seen him turn, and either hisses or gapes if you try to get closer to him or put your hand toward him while hes walking around. He chooses to come out on his own, and he is always eager to do so. We never pick him up or make him come out. There have been no major changes to his cage, lifestyle, feeding habits, or his owners/ the people hes around. The only difference that I can think of is the fact that this house has central AC, so it is pretty cold outside of his cage, even though temps inside the cage are fine with his lights. Has anyone ever heard of changes like this as a chameleon gets older/ is put in a different room? Its pretty alarming to see him look completely different the last week whenever he comes out. Any ideas to help the problem would be great.

Different room=different territory=scared, defensive, and confused.
Thanks for the reply, this could be it. One reason I think its odd though is he has moved before. Technically 3 other times, and he has always been fine. This is by far the furthest move though, before the places were all within 10 minutes of eachother, and now I live in Massachusetts whereas he always lived in vermont. I don't know if a caged animal would notice that type of difference though. like a cat or dog would. Its still possible he's just getting used to his new perminant home.

Back
Top Bottom