Beardies

Attachments

• 4C343E3A-DDC6-4353-9123-14EAF61F98AF.jpeg
    4C343E3A-DDC6-4353-9123-14EAF61F98AF.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 60
It’s that time of year again when Spike is slowing down and getting ready to brumate. :( Refusing to bask and spending his days like this.
IMG_4938.jpeg
So, I still have Electra as back up beardie…right? Right? 😟
Nope! She’s refusing to bask, barely eating her salads and just hangs out in her dig box on her cool side all the time. Perhaps she’s preparing to brumate too? *no, she’s not gravid.
It’s going to be a long autumn/winter. 🥺
IMG_4937.jpeg

It’s that time of year again when Spike is slowing down and getting ready to brumate. :( Refusing to bask and spending his days like this.
View attachment 343052
Nope! She’s refusing to bask, barely eating her salads and just hangs out in her dig box on her cool side all the time. Perhaps she’s preparing to brumate too? *no, she’s not gravid.
View attachment 343053
Awwww they are so cute 🥰 I’m glad you brought this up! Harold is hiding under one of his ledges giving me the side eye for the last two days and I didn’t even think about brumation… I wish people had brumation 😆

Awwww they are so cute 🥰 I’m glad you brought this up! Harold is hiding under one of his ledges giving me the side eye for the last two days and I didn’t even think about brumation… I wish people had brumation 😆
Yes! Brumation for humans would be awesome! 😂 At first I thought both were mad because I took their hammocks away and gave them slate tile basking platforms instead. That wouldn’t cause them to pick at their food though.

View attachment 343052
View attachment 343053
I think I'd be really sad if my reptiles disappeared over the winter. But then again, it would be so exciting to see them when they "come back to life!"

Back
Top Bottom