Beardies

I’m not surprised that keeping things constant helps keep their behavior more constant
In these discussions, was there an advantage or disadvantage to avoiding brumation?
It's been over a year, and their archives are as easily searched as here, but to the best of my recollection there were pros/cons, and a lot of hypothesizing.

Not all bearded dragons do—or need to—brumate; some brumate regularly, and some are hit & miss.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=do+all+bearded+dragons+brumate?

Advantage: Not losing your scaly buddy to dreamland for 1/4 to 1/2 the year.

Disadvantage: Some theorize that not brumating may have longterm deleterious effects on health, but TMK there was/is no study/documentation on this.

It's been over a year, and their archives are as easily searched as here, but to the best of my recollection there were pros/cons, and a lot of hypothesizing.

Not all bearded dragons do—or need to—brumate; some brumate regularly, and some are hit & miss.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=do+all+bearded+dragons+brumate?

Advantage: Not losing your scaly buddy to dreamland for 1/4 to 1/2 the year.

Disadvantage: Some theorize that not brumating may have longterm deleterious effects on health, but TMK there was/is no study/documentation on this.
That’s kind of what I figured. Thanks for googling it for me, wasn’t interested in reading through a bunch of old beardie posts 😊
Not sure if my leo will actually brumate this year, he really only slowed for a few weeks last year and it occurred before I started adjusting his lights/temps. He seemed to react to the change in outside light coming into the room he’s in

I like the idea of not heating him to higher levels all year for the same hypothesis that it may be better for his long term health, but who knows. It’s a parameter that I can manipulate fairly easily to more closely mimic his natural environment, so I do it 🤷‍♂️

Opal decided she wanted some "sun" today.
20210928_153132.jpg
20210928_153115.jpg

I guess Spike has made it official…he hasn’t come out of his hide once in the past week. 😪 At least (for now) he’s keeping his face forward so I can at least look at his sweet face.
FCD9EDB3-873A-47E0-9090-A2B4053220CB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom