Bearded Dragon Thread

Chase

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hello All,

I started this thread so everyone can lear something about Bearded Dragons or can talk about them until they know so much about them that they can do the stuff with their eyes close. Lol, enough said, lets get started!! :D:D

beardies

I'm a huge beardie fan. I have five of my own: 2 orange german giant X blood beardies (F), 1 citrus (M), 1 Yellow beardie (F), and 1 Hypo beardie (M)

I plan to breed these guys late this summer. Probably just start with a pair see how everything goes then breed the next pair, so on and so forth.... All of my dragons are unrelated except for the german giants so i can breed holdback offsprings from the beardies i wish to keep...

Their diet: crickets (every other month i use them for a staple), silkworms, roaches(staple diet i cycle through five diff. kinds of roaches for them), romaine lettuce, collard greens, and bannana.

supplements: i use Sticky Tongue Farms miner-All, rep-cal ultrafine Calcium supplement

All of my feeder insects are gutloaded with combinations of oranges, apples, romaine lettuce, sweet potatoe, carrots, cat food (for the roaches)

I use all Reptisun 10.0 bulbs for my beardies, and zoo-med halogen basking lights some are 75W and some are 150 W... I keep the basking sites between 95-100 degrees and 85 degrees on the cool side of the enclosures...

For the substrate i use alphalpha meal pellets (completely digestible). I also have undertank heating elements that help to increase the ambiant air temps.

Their tank furnishings include mopani driftwood, old sterilized deer skulls, bricks, smooth river rocks, and some plants in some tanks

I'm a huge beardie fan. I have five of my own: 2 orange german giant X blood beardies (F), 1 citrus (M), 1 Yellow beardie (F), and 1 Hypo beardie (M)

I plan to breed these guys late this summer. Probably just start with a pair see how everything goes then breed the next pair, so on and so forth.... All of my dragons are unrelated except for the german giants so i can breed holdback offsprings from the beardies i wish to keep...

Their diet: crickets (every other month i use them for a staple), silkworms, roaches(staple diet i cycle through five diff. kinds of roaches for them), romaine lettuce, collard greens, and bannana.

supplements: i use Sticky Tongue Farms miner-All, rep-cal ultrafine Calcium supplement

All of my feeder insects are gutloaded with combinations of oranges, apples, romaine lettuce, sweet potatoe, carrots, cat food (for the roaches)

I use all Reptisun 10.0 bulbs for my beardies, and zoo-med halogen basking lights some are 75W and some are 150 W... I keep the basking sites between 95-100 degrees and 85 degrees on the cool side of the enclosures...

For the substrate i use alphalpha meal pellets (completely digestible). I also have undertank heating elements that help to increase the ambiant air temps.

Their tank furnishings include mopani driftwood, old sterilized deer skulls, bricks, smooth river rocks, and some plants in some tanks

I have a pic of all of my Beardies in gallery. Except 1. All of my lights consist of 60W-100W. I love them. They are soooooo cool. They have really cool personality. The substrate I use is snake carpet. It's easy to clean. You can put them in the washer. Also, For food I gutload mine with oatmeal, radishes, romaine lettuce, cranberries, and also gutload supplement, and not to mention the cricket chow. I use the Rep-Cal supplements. I have 7. I breed them to get extra money and its great. Gladius (the one on the right of "My Girls" picture) layed one clutch of 32 eggs and non of them were fertile :mad::mad:. Oh well, Do you brumate yours? I just started this year. They are cooling down and looooovvvvveeee the sleep. I don't know what else to say so. Reply back with questions or whatever?

brumate

yah i def. plan to brumate them. When i do it, i just kind of play it by ear because they can kind of tell you when theyre ready. I cut back their lighting to 8 hours a day when theyre brummating and only feed them silkies and hornworms (if they want to eat anything at all)

how can i post pictures of my beardies on a reply?

yah i def. plan to brumate them. When i do it, i just kind of play it by ear because they can kind of tell you when theyre ready. I cut back their lighting to 8 hours a day when theyre brummating and only feed them silkies and hornworms (if they want to eat anything at all)

how can i post pictures of my beardies on a reply?

go down to manage attachments and click it and do what you normally do for the Gallery

Last edited:
For those of us that don't know much about Bearded Dragons, how many different morphs are there?

Lots!!! There are too many to name. For each morph there is a sub-morph to it. LOL, it's hard to keep up with all of them.

I'd like to see your silks, Hopefully they are both dominant so you get em', if there not, it wont happen..Silks remind of the orange and white cheese.

We got a pair of them a few months back! Super nice little dragons with the smooth scales... Hopefully we will get some silks once they breed.

They are awesome. I love these lizards. Chameleons and Bearded Dragons are my favorite lizards.

Back
Top Bottom