Bearded chameleon help

Jmeyer

Okay so let me try to keep this short. I have a wc breeding pair of bearded dwarf chameleons. Lately something has been attacking them. All throughout the day i notice small isopods all over the females right eye and the same small isopods crawling all over the males mouth. They eat and drink great but it looks like they r in pain :( someone help!

omg! Are they breeding in your enclosure? You say isopods, you mean those little things they call pill bugs which roll up into a ball. That is what an isopod is. They like dead decaying plants, fungus and dampness. What is the condition of your cage? Sounds like you need to tear your whole cage/tank apart and start from scratch cause I am sure the cage is infested with them.

are they little bugs? im really sorry i have no idea how to help, i hope they are not eating your chams eye!:(

this might stress your cham out a little bit, (i dont think it will hurt the cham) but maybe spray (gently) some water on your chams eye.

oopsie i didnt mean isopods lol, they are actually tiny little what it looks like to be flies. Yeah it looks like they are eating her eye and trying to eat part of his mouth :( here are some pics of the hurt eye and her normal eye

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

Why not move them to a pet pal with some new branches for a few days so you can see if you can get rid of the bugs on them. In the meantime you can deal with their cage and de-bug it too?

Do the bugs actually fly?
You could use a damp Q-tip to remove the bugs from the chameleons.

yeah i was thinking about doing that, trying to get rid of all the bugs in the tank, no i havent seen them fly but i can see their tiny wings.

well i've never seen them fly but they do have tiny wings. Is there anything i can do for her eye? I'll try to get some pictures of the males mouth

Back
Top Bottom