bean beetles

mary prefontaine

Has anyone heard or seen what a bean beetle is? they are comparing them to fruit flies and was wondering if they are just as small and able to feed to baby hatchling panthers?

They are about the size of hydei...they can be fed to your hatchlings but not in excess due to their exoskeleton...I do feed them also to my dart frogs...

Excellent small feeder imo and theyre super easy to cultivate

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344914261576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344914261576.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 314
I saw them at an expo and had no idea what they were until this very nice older lady explained to me that her son sells them to dart frog owners. I don't own any frogs so I can understand why I had never heard of them. But after that I looked them up and they are a good feeder for juvenile chameleons. But I did not know that their exo was a problem.

ben beetles

if their exoskeleton is a problem then it may not be wise to consider this for my future babies, but i cant deal with fruit flies they are just too messy and i have them all over my house already from putting them in my cage for cleaning my moss. I guess ill stick to cricks

if their exoskeleton is a problem then it may not be wise to consider this for my future babies, but i cant deal with fruit flies they are just too messy and i have them all over my house already from putting them in my cage for cleaning my moss. I guess ill stick to cricks

I would recomment offering a variety of food /prey items, not just what is more convenient for you.

so these do make a good hatchling food then?

ok my crick company sells them so ill buy some when the time comes thanks for the responces

Soooo, how do you go about getting a culture? Buy some black eyed peas and wait? Are they already living in the beans?? :eek:

Hey everyone. Sorry to dig up an old thread but does anyone have any producing bean beetle cultures available? Thx.

Sang

Back
Top Bottom