BBC Madagascar Series

dmrich

Hello Guys

Not sure if this has been mentioned on the forums already but members outside of the UK may be interested in knowing that the BBC has been screening a new series by David Attenborough called 'Madagascar'. Here is a link to the latest installment (3.) but there have been two other episodes already that have featured chameleons that you may be able to find on the net.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00z03pl/Madagascar_Land_of_Heat_and_Dust/

Enjoy!

It was really good. The rest of the world have no idea what their missing not having David Attenborough. The american planet earth had sigourney weaver! Who's she when she's at home? Attenborough is national treasure. Not sure why america needs the natural world to be made 'supposedly more' interesting by having weaver or morgan freeman gushing all over the top. Just sensible subtle attenborough is the perfect narration on a documentary. He speaks like he's genuinely interested and not like your being spoken at like weaver and freeman.

It was really good. The rest of the world have no idea what their missing not having David Attenborough. The american planet earth had sigourney weaver! Who's she when she's at home? Attenborough is national treasure. Not sure why america needs the natural world to be made 'supposedly more' interesting by having weaver or morgan freeman gushing all over the top. Just sensible subtle attenborough is the perfect narration on a documentary. He speaks like he's genuinely interested and not like your being spoken at like weaver and freeman.

this is why i ALWAYS order the BBC versions with David Attenborough's narration! He IS a national treasure...for you. It just doesn't seem right watching nature documentaries WITHOUT his voice. I couldn't watch the 'Life' series when it originally aired here because Oprah is THE WORSE narrator i have ever heard! you want a laugh, go watch the venus fly trap segment of 'Life' with her narration.....never knew there was such thing as a 'penis fly trap'.

I'm also in the UK and have loved watching this series - so many awesome critters on there! I want loads as pets, lol! An Aye-Aye and a Mouse Lemur would do to start with, lol! :D

David Attenborough is so awesome. I was not aware that he has spent a great portion of his life exploring and documenting the animals and fauna of Maddy. What a truly magnificent gentlemen.

this is why i ALWAYS order the BBC versions with David Attenborough's narration! He IS a national treasure...for you. It just doesn't seem right watching nature documentaries WITHOUT his voice. I couldn't watch the 'Life' series when it originally aired here because Oprah is THE WORSE narrator i have ever heard! you want a laugh, go watch the venus fly trap segment of 'Life' with her narration.....never knew there was such thing as a 'penis fly trap'.

haa ha. Enjoyed this comment! Glad your on team Attenborough.

David Attenborough is so awesome. I was not aware that he has spent a great portion of his life exploring and documenting the animals and fauna of Maddy. What a truly magnificent gentlemen.

Oh if you can watch any of the archive of the Zoo Quest programmes. They're really out dated but great watching Sir Dave making some of the first discoveries and bringing animals like orangs' into the living rooms of people when they'd seen nothing like it. And he's still as good, if not better today.

This is great, thanks for the link! Huge David Attenborough fan here, just got his huge Life Collection box set for Christmas.

It just doesn't seem right watching nature documentaries WITHOUT his voice...

Here here! lifetime fan! I remember watching him on black & white 30 odd years ago, never missed it. Haven't heard a documentary maker anywhere near Sir David's caliber yet.
Thankyou for bringing the natural world to our living rooms! :)

If you still haven't seen this series yet, PM me. There is limited chameleon footage but amazing nevertheless.

David Attenborough is the man, just watched these series today! It was really interesting even if the had good but limited chameleon footage.

Back
Top Bottom