Basking Light Setup -- Lets Discuss the Best Way to Setup a Basking Spot

i use 2 100 watt powersun bulbs on my large free range and i have them tilted at agles slightly away from eachother to simulate mid day sun angles..i also have a window basking site where they receive full sun (au natrual ):D

Attachments

• CIMG0056.jpg
    CIMG0056.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 165
  • CIMG0057.jpg
    CIMG0057.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 159
  • CIMG0058.jpg
    CIMG0058.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 197
  • CIMG0059.jpg
    CIMG0059.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 201
If you want your power suns to last..better get them out of those domes :) just take the reflector off.

yeah i replace mine every 6 months anyway..(uvb meter them, and say "damn its time again" )

and actually the domes are no biggie since they stay cool, its the tilting them that really takes the life outta the bulbs..

also, no way!! i already have enough light shining in my eyes at 7am, last thing i want is more powersun on me in the mornin!! LOL :D:D

p.s. in most set ups (in other rooms, not my bedroom) i dont use the reflector mainly because they have their own built in reflector, its just that lil lip that shines it right at me 180degrees aways from the tree and chams that bugs me!!

yeah i replace mine every 6 months anyway..(uvb meter them, and say "damn its time again" )

and actually the domes are no biggie since they stay cool, its the tilting them that really takes the life outta the bulbs..

also, no way!! i already have enough light shining in my eyes at 7am, last thing i want is more powersun on me in the mornin!! LOL :D:D

p.s. in most set ups (in other rooms, not my bedroom) i dont use the reflector mainly because they have their own built in reflector, its just that lil lip that shines it right at me 180degrees aways from the tree and chams that bugs me!!

LOL. what??? You dont put your animals on your schedule....:rolleyes:

If your uvb emissions are ony lasting 6 months with a power sun...TAKE THE REFLECTOR OFF and put a pillow over your face! You should get close to a year out of them...Tilting is not good either but...i guess if you have the money to throw away:p

lol. Your going to wake up with one awkward tan one day if you sleep in!:p

Back
Top Bottom