Basking light positioning

I use a series of 35watt halogens(track lighting) to make a 1 footish warm spot. Im always nervous using 75-100+ watt bulbs.
Hi do you have pictures, what's your thermal gradient like also what is are the heat pattern given off by your bulbs?

I use a series of 35watt halogens(track lighting) to make a 1 footish warm spot. Im always nervous using 75-100+ watt bulbs.
I would only entertain the 75/100wt if I go with the dimmer option that way I can run them down to the right temperature, not really concerned about how much light it throws as it will probably end up along side a plant light

I would only entertain the 75/100wt if I go with the dimmer option that way I can run them down to the right temperature, not really concerned about how much light it throws as it will probably end up along side a plant light
I'm trialing a 100 watt , it's only running 30/ 40 % so going to try a 50 and 75 w this week , the 75 pretty much worked for me in the past

I use smart plugs. Look for the one that best suits your needs. They connect to an app on your phone via Wi-Fi and allow you to dim incandescent bulbs as well as schedule on/off times. I use 60 watt in summer and 75 watt in winter.

I use smart plugs. Look for the one that best suits your needs. They connect to an app on your phone via Wi-Fi and allow you to dim incandescent bulbs as well as schedule on/off times. I use 60 watt in summer and 75 watt in winter.
Ok cool sounds interesting I’ll take a look .

Hi do you have pictures, what's your thermal gradient like also what is are the heat pattern given off by your bulbs?

Kinda caught me mid build, but here is Daddy's little fire hazard.
IMG_20230514_174552.jpg

But i just have 4 35 watt halogens on a 1 foot track light, spread out so that 1 is at a 30 degree and 1 is at a 45 degree, repeat. So i end up with a 18" long say 10" wide hot area directly under the dual T5HO(which just got reloaded with arcadias from LYR) 12" away from the bulbs.

Without a dimmer with two T5HO's and the 4 35 watt halogens, it makes an area that is about 90F when the air is 70F. To boost it for Mr Lola, i use roofing slate shingles (great for both reflecting and transferring heat) with a 40 watt heating pad to get the area to 105F. Which shockingly is very cold for tegus, they like medium rare steak temps...

IMG_20230419_164305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom