basking cages this summer

Im trying to get some ideas on what i will be using as basking cages this summer. I would love to see what everyone is planning on using. please share!

I just move my cages outside 24/7 unless night temps drop below 50 (which only happens here in spring and fall).

I just move my cages outside also. I went from having my DYI bulky wood cages to all LLL screen cages because it was such a pain to move the heavy, bulky wood ones. You could also build permanent outside enclosures to use every year too.

Already moving them outdoors? you guys must live in the bannana belt or something. still way to cold for that here in the mid-west. I thought about doing a couple apogees with planted container trees.

what is lll screen cages? you mean LLL reptile bought cages?

Sometimes I build a mesh fence around a small tree or bush, works well for me, but I have a cage I originally built for my Cham inside but have since purchased an LLL unit. Not sure what I'll use this year.

I have a nice outdoor cage that I use for basking and just for general housing most every day. If you go on my page it is in my picture album.

I remember seeing that one. very nice. that would be the ideal outdoor cage. im just not carpentry inclined to that level ;)

Already moving them outdoors? you guys must live in the bannana belt or something. still way to cold for that here in the mid-west. I thought about doing a couple apogees with planted container trees.

what is lll screen cages? you mean LLL reptile bought cages?

Yes, LLL bought cages. I dont have any chams so Im not taking anything outside at the moment:eek:

If you use lighter cages just make sure they cant blow over in the wind!!!! Actually, any cage for that matter;)

By summer my female should be grown out of the glass terrarium and we should have at least 2 new screen cages. Only problem here is I live on a military base and we aren't suppose to have reptiles so my babies wont be able to enjoy the sun. Plus theres a tabby cat here that would probably think they would be a lovely meal. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom