distance between Uvb and basking branch

Louis17

Hey

im using the

Giangarden High Output 24W T5 10.0 UVB light​

what distance do I need for between it and the basking branch

thanks

I had never heard of them before but they appear to be rather weak compared to Reptisun and Arcadia. From their graph for a 5% is 5in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005-100438_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005-100438_Messenger.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 32
Uggg so I don't know about this one... I do not even trust the guides they put on the product. They have the UVI distance without screen on the exact same fixture but the 5.0 and the 10.0 bulb listed as the exact same UVI output per distance which is impossible.

Your best bet is to get a solarmeter 6.5 to test this....

What I can tell you is with any 10.0 or 12% in other brands we recommend lifting these 4 inches off the top and then your basking branch is going to sit 8-9 inches below the screen. So you have a total distance of 12-13 inches between the bottom of the fixture/bulb and the branch. This would be with a standard aluminum window screen material though. If using something else your UVI could be less or more in the cage. Just depends on how much the material reduces the UVI output of that bulb.

Best bet is returning this one and going with Arcadia pro T5 and a 6% UVB bulb. This is what I would do if I were you. If you have the cham now. Order the arcadia and when it comes in switch it and return this one. With the arcadia fixture you would place this on the screen top and then have a distance of 8-9 inches to the branch below it. Again screen material impacts UVI output. So if your not using a standard cage with aluminum window screen you are back at wanting to double check with a solarmeter 6.5.

Now another thing I should mention is what chameleon species is this for? Most are needing a 3 UVI at basking but some do not.

Back
Top Bottom