Basking branch

Hi everyone! I just adopted a chameleon from family yesterday. The setup they had for him wasn’t the best so I’m trying to improve it and learn more. I just wanted to check that the height of his basking branch looked alright. The heat bulb that they were using is unfortunately 75w so that’s why I wanted to check if the branch should be lower. The uvb bulb isn’t the right one either but I just ordered the T5 HO reptisun linear bulb yesterday as well. Thank you!
image.jpg

Welcome on here, and thank you for taking him! This link had the most accurate and up-to-date info, so if you haven't already, be sure to read through every module and the veiled care sheet!
https://chameleonacademy.com/
If you want, you can fill out a husbandry form to make sure everything is in tip-top shape, as well! I also attached great feeder and gutload charts to make sure he's being fed the healthiest, too, along with some veiled-tested cham safe plant charts! Let us know if you need any help for anything, we're here to help!

Attachments

• chameleon-food.jpg
    chameleon-food.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 50
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220627-120844.png
    Screenshot_20220627-120844.png
    704 KB · Views: 57
  • Chameleon-Plants-061321-scaled-300x388.jpg
    Chameleon-Plants-061321-scaled-300x388.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 52
Welcome on here, and thank you for taking him! This link had the most accurate and up-to-date info, so if you haven't already, be sure to read through every module and the veiled care sheet!
https://chameleonacademy.com/
If you want, you can fill out a husbandry form to make sure everything is in tip-top shape, as well! I also attached great feeder and gutload charts to make sure he's being fed the healthiest, too, along with some veiled-tested cham safe plant charts! Let us know if you need any help for anything, we're here to help!
Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I was wondering what website is your favorite for live insects. Right now all I have is superworms and hornworms and I definitely want to get him a better supply. But my local petco doesn’t carry much.

Thank you so much! This helps a lot. I was wondering what website is your favorite for live insects. Right now all I have is superworms and hornworms and I definitely want to get him a better supply. But my local petco doesn’t carry much.
Yeah, most pet stores have a higher risk of parasites,too. I order crickets from Ghann's (shipping is high but SOOOO worth it!), get silkworms, clean up crew/springtails and isopods, and live feeder insects for my frog from TC Insects, grasshoppers from @SauceGandhi , silkworms and painted lady caterpillars (that I hatch into butterflies to feed off) from Gulf Coast Silkworms (along with rearing supplies and disinfectant), buy almost all of my other feeders and supplies from Rainbow Mealworms (blue and green bottle fly spikes,horn-,wax-, super-, and butterworms- all treats unless pupated into moths, and butterworms can cause allergic reactions in some chams, so I'd stay away from that for now), along with breeding my own roach species (I believe 14 different species). There are lots of other good online stores, as well, like Dubias Roaches, Critter Depot, Josh's Frogs, Mori Feeders, Great Lakes Hornworms, Mulberry Farms, Coastal Silkworms, and Mantis Place, etc. I shop around for the best prices from all of these whenever I need to order something, as the price difference are big from some of these places! I'm sure I missed something but there's a lot to choose from!

Back
Top Bottom