base of enclosure

i heard you shouldn't put anything on the bottom, it just gets a bunch of bacteria, what cage do you have, pics please

Oh my guys... Bioactive is more hygienic... Barebottom allows the wrong kind of bacteria to get out of hand, fast. Bacteria does not equal bad. Most bacteria is good and beneficial, heard of probiotics? Bacteria found in soil breaks down waste and outcompetes the others. If you have any experience with aquariums, it is a very similar thing

Not to be mean guys, but it blows my mind some of these myths are still being said on these forums.

Oh my guys... Bioactive is more hygienic... Barebottom allows the wrong kind of bacteria to get out of hand, fast. Bacteria does not equal bad. Most bacteria is good and beneficial, heard of probiotics? Bacteria found in soil breaks down waste and outcompetes the others. If you have any experience with aquariums, it is a very similar thing

Not to be mean guys, but it blows my mind some of these myths are still being said on these forums.

I'd love to go bio but it's a big jump in regard to bare vs repti carpet or paper towel bare is probably the best option. Vs bio that's a different story all together. And is the most naturalist husbandry. Regular cleaning is a must I'm lucky to have a bare bottom zoo med that I can take outside and let my dude get sun while I can clean the drainage tray and the false bottom with holes drilled .

I’m
Unless you're referring to a carpet or something of that nature, then I agree no bueno :)

I might have got mixed up from the 2 different threads with same question lol...
Yeah, the OP asked about paper towels, felt, carpet, and newspaper as substrate. I agree bioactive is a great thing if you know what you’re doing.

paper towels? craft felt? reptile carpet? newspaper? i’ve heard so many different things! what’s best?
For my education, where have you found advice that lists paper towels, craft felt, reptile carpet, or newspaper for chameleons? For a beginner, a bare bottom is the easiest. But I very much would like to know where you saw those other ideas to see if we can remove that unfortunate step in the researcher's path.

For my education, where have you found advice that lists paper towels, craft felt, reptile carpet, or newspaper for chameleons? For a beginner, a bare bottom is the easiest. But I very much would like to know where you saw those other ideas to see if we can remove that unfortunate step in the researcher's path.
i’ve seen youtube videos and care sheets.

Back
Top Bottom