Bane, Hunter and Gamora Babies are Hatching

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have two so far and they are adorable. Some of you may remember Luie and Camille. These are 5th generation Luie and Camille babies! So very special to me! ❤️

IMG_0453.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg
IMG_7818.jpeg

IMG_7824.jpeg

IMG_7827.jpeg

The Dad’s Bane and Hunter

IMG_1788.jpeg

IMG_1741.jpeg

Gamora, the Mom
IMG_8815.jpeg

Adorable!! I can’t believe it’s time already! I feel like we were just voting on dad! 😂Congratulations!!🎉💝💙

Oh be still my heart the babies are so cute 😍

Oh, I know! They are so precious! All I can do is watch them. ❤️
Congratulations! That time seemed to pass quickly from being laid to hatching! Keep thenpictures coming!

Thank you Lynda! The two smaller eggs hatched first. I’m still waiting on those long ones. Two of them look like they might hatch tomorrow.

I CAN'T HANDLE THE CUTENESS! 😭

Me either! I am going to enjoy every moment with them!

With their genetics what stunners they will be!

Thank you so much Donna for your kind words. 💕

So cute!!

Thank you for the nice comment!

You said …”I’m still waiting on those long ones. Two of them look like they might hatch tomorrow”… if they’re twins, I hope the babies are facing the right way and both pip the egg.

Hi Lynda, when I see the long eggs pip, should I carefully put a slit in the other end?

What a wonderful legacy.

It sure is and these babies are so precious to me. ❤️

Precious babies. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Rebecca! ❤️
Those will be beautiful babies 🥰❤️💚

Thank you Kris! ❤️

You said…”Hi Lynda, when I see the long eggs pip, should I carefully put a slit in the other end?”…the problem is that the first baby will pip the egg and it’s head will be able to poke out. Now, that leaves the other baby in a harder position…if they are facing the same way, then the second one won’t be able to pip because it will have its head against the other baby..and not the egg shell and won’t likely be able to pip or breath or stick its head out. Even if by some fluke it’s pointing to the other end of the egg chances are it won’t be able to pip because it won’t be able to exert enough pressure on the egg shell because the other baby pipped. It’s a crap shoot….and I haven’t had enough experience with it to tell you what to do. I’ve only had twins a couple of times and
I think each time one didn’t make it. I wish I could tell you. The only other alternative is to open the whole egg and I don’t know what would happen then…you might kill them both.

Anyone else with experience with twin eggs, please chime in.

This might help…
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/two-hatchlings-in-one-egg.39790/

In this one you can see that the babies are faced opposite directions in the egg…
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/7-pairs-of-twins-in-one-clutch.22731/

In this one they are facing the same way…

Now you can see what the issue is.

One more…
https://www.biotaxa.org/hn/article/download/38746/34912

Last edited:
Thank you Lynda! Two of the long ones are hatching today. One has the head out. I don’t know what to do. I usually don’t mess with my eggs, so I’m leaning toward letting nature take it course. I’ll let you know what happens. I’ll be devastated if a baby dies. 😢😢😢

Back
Top Bottom